Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Ok Single Moms...How do you meet men??

Posted by   + Show Post
I'm 30.  I'm pretty good looking.  I have a full-time job.  I also have a 2 year old.  I feel horrible leaving him after he's been in daycare for 9 hours...all my friends are married...internet dating has proven to bring out the freaks...HOW DO I MEET SOMEONE????  Any awesome ideas????

-Amy
by on Apr. 27, 2007 at 5:30 PM
Replies (11-20):
kylee22
by on May. 16, 2007 at 7:27 PM
LOL yeah internet dating does bring the freaks but umm i found my wonderful bf online and i love this guy! I think you just have to be patient and dont go looking cause when you dont look it just lands on your lap!!
Dantesmom
by on May. 20, 2007 at 7:31 PM
Ive been single since my son was three weeks old (he's 2 now) and I will keep checking back to this post to see if anyone offers more suggestions. I'm a little scared that I'm not going to meet anybody. Only very recently has it been getting to me so much. And, frankly, I'm terrified of men. Even if a fellow shows interest I get overwhelmed. I wish I knew what to do to prepare myself to date again. I used to be so confident with men and now everything is very different.
faerie75
by Ruby Member on May. 21, 2007 at 2:06 PM
im terrified of men too!

i have a healthy self esteem about my looks any way, but all men that approach me seem to want is sex, sex, and sex. i dont walk around in hoochie mama clothes either. i dont put myself out there like im looking for effin sex! now i dont even like being approached half the time any more!!!!
Bebe1974
by on May. 23, 2007 at 12:05 AM
I moved to Denver 2 years ago ..didn't know a soul..met younger and dumber? guys at the gym and going dancing, Then I dated an older guy for a year and a half-I met at church HE WAS/IS a JERK!!! Then I met a guy on myspace and We hung out this Friday, Saturday and Sunday...Had a great time -restaurants, movies, dancing, sports bars, 6 flags and cook outs- He's a dad too, but he got mad at me today because I asked him if he still liked me? He said I need to relax and that I was showing him a side of him he didn't like and my insecurity was pushing him away...So I just wanted to know Why can't I ask him if he still likes me? What the hell is wrong with that?? Any advice?
faerie75
by Ruby Member on May. 23, 2007 at 12:23 PM
well, if you barely hung out last weekend and your asking him already if he still likes you, that could come off as a little needy or insecure. but he didnt need to get mad about it though...  hahah myspace.. im on myspace too, but me and my friends, when we date, we always ask each other, "was it a real date or a myspace date?" lol....
mztrinispice
by on May. 27, 2007 at 4:45 PM

I meet up wit a guy from my space, thought he was nice n all but as it turns out he just wanted sex, but the funny thing is he made me feel really comfortable in my skin,  n all needless to say he turned out to be a real jerk, in desguise, but I'm hopeful only I have no idea how to date or where to look, n e ideas I'm all ears

maxattack
by on May. 27, 2007 at 11:34 PM
1 mom liked this
I have tried Match and Cupid--a few dates that were basically casting calls for "let's have sex"and get to know one another."  Whoa.  And the whole chat sex thing if you don't block people. Even with writing, it's really hard to weed out the weirdos/ones who misrepresent. Personally, I want the perfect meeting...like, we both reach out for the same short story anthology at a Borders...or the Beck CD....*sigh*
purplebabygirl
by on May. 28, 2007 at 9:31 AM
1 mom liked this
I am 27 and am a single mom of a 5 year old daughter. I met a bunch of people of yahoo personals. As a matter of fact I am with one of the guys that I met off of yahoo personals but I having to break off the relationship cuz my daughter don't like his daughter. I am doing what is best for my daughter and I. Not only that but I am moving out of his house so me and my daughter can start over.
HayleysMama1225
by on May. 28, 2007 at 6:24 PM
well im only 20 so i dont know if im the best to answer this because how i met my boyfriend is in college. however, a few of my other single mom friends have met their boyfriends at work, online, and through friends (being set up). as for leaving your 2 yr old...i totally know how u feel because i have a 2 year old, too, and she's in daycare full-time during the school year because i have class. my comprimise for that when i wanted to go out/date is to have one of my friends come over to babysit while she is sleeping, so at about 9pm. i would go out, come back, then go to sleep and wake up with my daughter like normal, so it never really felt like i was gone. i didnt want her to be introduced to my boyfriend until i knew we were serious, so that is what i did a lot when we dated...he would also come over to hang out with me when she was sleeping once we got a little more serious, then finally he spent more time with her. they are now really close!
kewlmomdeena
by on May. 28, 2007 at 7:06 PM
1 mom liked this
lol, my advice?  go to an adult bookstore and buy your very own bf!  lol
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)