Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Single Mom's Bucket List

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2012 at 12:54 PM
  • 33 Replies

I don't normally play the lottery, but since the Powerball drawing was up to $200 million last night I bought one. And it got me thinking.

If you didn't have to worry about money or paying bills, what would be on your list of things to do and places to see? A single mom's bucket list so to speak. Lol.

I would take a cruise. And then maybe spend a few months seeing Europe. My son wants to visit NYC and go to the toy stores there. Lol. I would definitly buy an RV and take my son on a road trip of the U.S. so he could see all of the country. Hawaii is on that list too.

So, if you didn't have to worry about finances or making arrangements for someone to watch the kid(s), where would you go?

by on Feb. 5, 2012 at 12:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
babyblue2418
by on Feb. 5, 2012 at 1:11 PM

BRING MY KIDSTO WALT DISNEY WORLD AND GO TOUR EUROPE, GO TO FLORDIA TO SEE MY SISTER AND HER KIDS WHO I HAVE NEVER MET.  TOUR THE USA IN A RV TO TO SEE ALL THE GREAT PLACES AND SHOW MY KIDS PARTS OF OUR HISTORY. i WOULD LOVE TO GO TO SEE CHINA BUT THAT ONE ALSO AM KINDA SCARED TO GO THERE CAUSE IT IS VERY DIFFRENT AND VERY FAR AWAY BU MABE SOME DAY

MamaTrucker937
by on Feb. 5, 2012 at 1:13 PM

I agree. The culture looks amazing, but I would have to think about that too.

Quoting babyblue2418:

BRING MY KIDSTO WALT DISNEY WORLD AND GO TOUR EUROPE, GO TO FLORDIA TO SEE MY SISTER AND HER KIDS WHO I HAVE NEVER MET.  TOUR THE USA IN A RV TO TO SEE ALL THE GREAT PLACES AND SHOW MY KIDS PARTS OF OUR HISTORY. i WOULD LOVE TO GO TO SEE CHINA BUT THAT ONE ALSO AM KINDA SCARED TO GO THERE CAUSE IT IS VERY DIFFRENT AND VERY FAR AWAY BU MABE SOME DAY

StephMarie_Mom
by on Feb. 5, 2012 at 1:21 PM
1 mom liked this
I'd buy a nice sized house (not a mansion) free and clear, a car that I like free and clear. With whatever money is left I'd set aside for daughter's college fund, and then travel. I wanna do a US road trip, I love road trips! I wanna go to south america, africa, europe, and asia.. Hell, as a history buff and a foody I wanna see the whole world, and taste the whole world! Haha
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Robsessed98
by on Feb. 5, 2012 at 1:22 PM
i would go to germany and spend a day on the audibon (however you spell it lol)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cadeesmommy0120
by on Feb. 5, 2012 at 6:22 PM

I'm taking a French culture class and I really want to go now!  So BF and I would go to France, maybe Italy too.  :)

brieri
by Platinum Member on Feb. 5, 2012 at 6:27 PM
  1.  Take a hot air balloon trip. 
  2. Go to the wine and beer factories,
  3. Take a crusise pass
  4. Go to Alaska
  5. Visit some friends out of state
momtoboysjc
by on Feb. 5, 2012 at 6:38 PM

go sky-diving and then travel to Italy

BostonMomma08
by on Feb. 5, 2012 at 6:40 PM
1 mom liked this
1. Go on a cruise to Europe
2. Spend a few months backpacking in Europe
3. Trip to China
4. Buy a house
5. Buy a 67' mustan convertible
6. Buy a vacation home in California
7. Put money away for college for my son
8. Get a whole Mac setup

These aren't in any particular order btw.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
towerjunkie1989
by Bronze Member on Feb. 5, 2012 at 10:20 PM
Buy a house and car. Get out of debt. Save money. When kids are older I'd take them to Disney world then Germany to the Anne Frank house and concentration camps. I've always been drawn to the Holocaust and I'd want my kids to be able to witness history
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Penguin311
by on Feb. 5, 2012 at 11:01 PM

I"d want to go live in Germany for a few years - so me and my son could learn German - and he can be biligual.  maybe we'd stay forever.

I'd buy a sailboat and find a way to start the school I've always wanted to open on the boat. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)