Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

'Teen Mom' Jenelle Evans Needs an 'Atta Girl" Sometimes

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 1:46 PM
  • 19 Replies

I saw this in The Stir - Do you watch Teen Mom?

'Teen Mom' Jenelle Evans Needs an 'Atta Girl" Sometimes

Posted by Sasha Brown-Worsham on February 8, 2012 

Jenelle Evans is by far the most messed up of all the teen moms on MTV's Teen Mom, but she is trying to make her life better. She has a new boyfriend and is in school to become a medical assistant. And yet, people are STILL riding her. It is really unfair.

Evans must have fallen in with a bad crowd at some point in her life and while she has made a lot of mistakes, she is also really trying now and that ought to count for something. The fact is, she is a shining example of why people should not have children (by and large) when they are still children.

But Jenelle is TRYING to grow up. Not everyone is going to be Maci Bookout, people. Ease up on the girl!

Personally, I find it very heartening that Jenelle is making these changes and it would be nice if people would support her endeavors rather than judge them. After all, she is trying to make a difference in order to improve her own life and Jace's. That's a lot better than many who started where she did, no?

There is something addictive in criticizing these teen mothers. It is as though it makes us somehow better to do so. But it doesn't and in this case, Jenelle is doing the right thing. So why is everyone making her feel otherwise?

Sure, the obvious answer is she has messed up so many other opportunities in the past. Lord knows, she has. But she also has done some things right and, in the end, Jenelle's heart IS in the right place.

She wants a better future for herself and her son. She wants to actually act like his mom. Is that such a bad thing?

Let's give Jenelle some credit here. She may not be the perfect mom (or daughter or grown-up), but she deserves support as she attempts to put her life back into place.

Do you think Jenelle will always mess up?

by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 1:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
faerie75
by Ruby Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 2:10 PM

i see a bit of myself in her (not as bad but i was always fucking up as a kid adn even as an adult) i think her mom is exasperated w her but they do not know how to communicate w each other AT ALL.

im glad shes doing better and i hope she keeps doing better.

Mommyto2LilMen
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 2:11 PM

I have not watched the show this season. 

TruCowboysFan
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 2:13 PM
Honestly the girl was an absolute train wreck. I'm glad she's given up on that loser she was with and is trying to better herself. Good for her.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jinxmom
by Bronze Member on Feb. 9, 2012 at 10:14 AM

I do watch the show and I feel bad for her.  Her mom doesn't help at all and she is always bad mouthing her.  She has anxiety and definitely needs to seek help, maybe something else going on. Hope she does well

Chanel5nyc
by on Feb. 9, 2012 at 10:27 AM
People have to remember she is young. Everyone makes mistakes, especially when your a teenager. Jenelle's mom don't know how to communicate with Jenelle. Jenelle's mom sometimes make things worse.

Just because a teenager has a kid or if don't have a kid but your just turned 18 or 19, doesn't make you a real adult.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
towerjunkie1989
by on Feb. 9, 2012 at 11:07 AM

She does need some help. I think that if her and her mom were to go to counseling, it may open up the lines of communication. Her mother needs to let her be a mom to Jace. That is part of the problem. Sure, at the end of her 16 and pregnant episode(I finally saw it) she was going out all the time. Should she have stayed home with Jace? Hell yes, but I also understand the need to get out and breath! I do think she is starting to do better and just setting up small goals and big goals help. Maybe she should get some anxiety medicine(God, I can't wait to be able to take mine after I get done with pregnancy. I'm tired of flipping out like that when my anxiety is above the roof)

PortiaRose
by on Feb. 9, 2012 at 11:08 AM
Fuck maci! Maci is the most responisble teen mom. Its ferrah even though she drives me crazy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PortiaRose
by on Feb. 9, 2012 at 11:16 AM
Janelles mother is wonderful. Janelle is always yelling at that woman "I wanna have a smoke! I'm irritated right now!" She never follows her rules, and she doesn't watch her son to satisfiaction. Janelle is a fucking grown up. Her mother shouldn't have to coddle her like that, she shouldn't t_have to take that from her own daughter, who she is carrying.

Quoting jinxmom:

I do watch the show and I feel bad for her.  Her mom doesn't help at all and she is always bad mouthing her.  She has anxiety and definitely needs to seek help, maybe something else going on. Hope she does well

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Chanel5nyc
by on Feb. 9, 2012 at 11:21 AM
Have you been watching the same show as me? Jenelle's mom is not a great mom. Jenelle's mom yells and screams too. If you saw 16 and pregnant, she didn't allow Jenelle to be a mom and still don't. Sorry but Jenelle is not grown, she is still a child. How much growing up do you want a 18 year old to do?

When you become a mom it doesn't stop when your child has a child or when they turn 18. When you are a mom, your a mom for life. A person will always need their mom.

Quoting PortiaRose:

Janelles mother is wonderful. Janelle is always yelling at that woman "I wanna have a smoke! I'm irritated right now!" She never follows her rules, and she doesn't watch her son to satisfiaction. Janelle is a fucking grown up. Her mother shouldn't have to coddle her like that, she shouldn't t_have to take that from her own daughter, who she is carrying.

Quoting jinxmom:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Chanel5nyc
by on Feb. 9, 2012 at 11:23 AM
Maci has stable parents. Maci has stable finanical background compared to the other teen moms on the show.

Quoting PortiaRose:

Fuck maci! Maci is the most responisble teen mom. Its ferrah even though she drives me crazy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)