Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

on a good note

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 3:10 PM
  • 4 Replies

my old land lord has stopped trying to call me.

i just hope i dnt get anything from him in the mail. lol

by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 3:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
camommy08
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 3:11 PM

why is trying to call you?

faerie75
by Ruby Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 3:30 PM

becasue hes trying to tell me that when i moved out, there was 1105 of damage and my deposit was 500 so i owed him 605. thing is, i moved out in june, the property was rented to someone else in like october and i didnt hear shit from him until december.

according to the law, he had 21 days to either give me an itemized list of damage and costs, or refund my deposit if he did not do so. i know we were a bit rough on the place cuz we were there 5 years but not that bad. i cleaned it really well and bf patched the hole int he wall. there was also a good faith clause that if it took longer than 21 days, he had 14 days from when teh repairs were completed. the place was already occupied for TWO MONTHS by the time he sent me anything.

on top of that he said that i woed him because when i moved in, i paid first, last, and deposit. meaning i did not have to pay rent when i gave notice. after 5 years, he had raised teh rent. hes saying i owe the difference. i dont. i looked it up.

he just thought i was fucking stupid. i ignored him. hes not going to take me to court because he knows the law. he just didnt expectr me to look it up.

cadeesmommy0120
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 4:24 PM

Good for you for looking into it.  It sucks that they try to take advantage...:(

faerie75
by Ruby Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 4:26 PM

plus if he tries to take me to court he will have to give ME 500. lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)