• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tips?

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 4:17 PM
  • 14 Replies

I'm at a loss with Cadee.  This child REFUSES to use the potty.  I've tried letting her be naked, I've tried underwear, She likes wearing pull ups(they want them at daycare) but she still pees in them like a diaper.  I haven't tried a sticker chart yet but I honestly don't think that's going to do anything...I'm going to try though. 

What did you ladies do to potty train your kids?  She just turned three at the end of January...

by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 4:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
brieri
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 5:58 PM

oh wow.  i used a small potty for my kids, each day, after breakfast, lunch and dinner, I'd take them to sit on their potty for awhile til they went.  Eventually they began to say I have to go potty and I would tell them to run to the potty and I followed them.  Then after awhile they just went  on their own.

tyfry7496
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 6:23 PM
I waited until he was ready and he was trained in 2 days, including night time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MicahBoo07
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 6:26 PM

Have u asked the daycare to help u and they should have set times already that the kids go to the bathroom. I used the pull ups that felt cold when my son pottied so he started to not like that so he would go to the potty then. My oldest he liked the sticker chart and getting something special if he went so many times a week.

cadeesmommy0120
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:13 PM

See, this is what I've heard...wait til they're ready.  But she's 3!!!  And she knows what to do...she's just being stubborn...

When she does decide to do it I hope it's that easy!

Quoting tyfry7496:

I waited until he was ready and he was trained in 2 days, including night time.

cadeesmommy0120
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:13 PM

Tried that...She'll either sit on it or just tell me no when I tell her to go potty...

Quoting brieri:

oh wow.  i used a small potty for my kids, each day, after breakfast, lunch and dinner, I'd take them to sit on their potty for awhile til they went.  Eventually they began to say I have to go potty and I would tell them to run to the potty and I followed them.  Then after awhile they just went  on their own.

cadeesmommy0120
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:14 PM

Yep, daycare said to bring pull ups and they help them go.  She does it occasionally at daycare because the other kids go.  Maybe she really just isn't ready and I need to wait it out...it's just frustrating...

Quoting MicahBoo07:

Have u asked the daycare to help u and they should have set times already that the kids go to the bathroom. I used the pull ups that felt cold when my son pottied so he started to not like that so he would go to the potty then. My oldest he liked the sticker chart and getting something special if he went so many times a week.

mytrueloveS
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:16 PM

My mom potty trained my child, I was never  home and she was tired of changing his diaper.  

aj23
by Amanda on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:19 PM

If shes not ready then she won't do it.

A lot of 3 year olds aren't potty trained. My son will be 5 soon and we are just now at a point where he will poop in the potty. There wasn't a bribe in the world that worked on him. I started trying to train him when he was 18 months and around 3 and a half he would pee and stay dry all night but the pooping just wasn't going to happen then.

Mommyto2LilMen
by Tina on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:35 PM

Just keep trying, I tried for a year with Korbyn, and shortly after he turned 3, it just 'clicked' one day. 

Katherine696997
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:36 PM
Quoting brieri:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)