• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

WWYD?

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 6:33 PM
  • 8 Replies

A guy from my work asked me out on a date after work tonight at 9ish. I was saying I dont know, and he said we could go out to eat or something. He then changed it to his house.I said ok. I want to go I think, but his house seems iffy. What if he tries a move or something? So, now I want to go, but not to his house, I want to go out to a public place haha. What should I tell him?

Who are you to judge the life I live?
I know I'm not perfect
-and I don't live to be-
but before you start pointing fingers...
make sure you hands are clean!"
— Bob Marley

by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 6:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
MissTuree
by Bronze Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 6:37 PM

Just give him a suggestion like, "I would love to hit up Olive Garden, I've been craving some chicken parm" So you don't have to explain to him that you are uncomfortable with going to his place and still have your date!

Or just tell him the truth, if he's a good guy he'll understand. Either way I hope you have a good time!

MicahBoo07
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 6:37 PM

Tell him yes and then suggest a place to meet at so u don't go to his place. If he wants to go to his place then chances are he is only after one thing any ways.

tyfry7496
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 6:38 PM
I wouldn't go to his house. Restaurant or somewhere else public.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sid1083
by Silver Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 6:39 PM

Just be honest and tell him what you'd prefer and why (I know, easier said that done). Have fun!

irocksocks
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 6:43 PM

ok. I'm going to text him. I'm so nervous haha

Quoting MissTuree:

Just give him a suggestion like, "I would love to hit up Olive Garden, I've been craving some chicken parm" So you don't have to explain to him that you are uncomfortable with going to his place and still have your date!

Or just tell him the truth, if he's a good guy he'll understand. Either way I hope you have a good time!

Who are you to judge the life I live?
I know I'm not perfect
-and I don't live to be-
but before you start pointing fingers...
make sure you hands are clean!"
— Bob Marley

MissTuree
by Bronze Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 6:49 PM

Let us know how it went!

Quoting irocksocks:

ok. I'm going to text him. I'm so nervous haha

Quoting MissTuree:

MeeshMom
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:23 PM
I don't date coworkers first of all. And second I'd never go to a guys house on a first date.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Robsessed98
by on Feb. 9, 2012 at 8:06 PM

I'd flat out tell him I wasn't comfortable going to his house just yet and that I'd prefer going out in public.  If he can't understand that, he's pretty dumb.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)