Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dear Tiffany

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 6:36 PM
  • 3 Replies

Ever since my husband and I separated, our thirty-month-old child screams when I have to leave for work, even though her nanny of two years is here.  My friends and ex think this is just a phase, but I think it's about our separation.  How do I know for sure?  How can I help her?

Mom's please leave some replies.  Thank you.

by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 6:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
MicahBoo07
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 6:40 PM

Yes prolly have seperation issuses since if the father isn't around 24/7 and thats what the child is use to then the child prolly thinks you will leave and not come back either. My son has done this since he was born and he is 3 now but for me he is just a mama's boy.

tyfry7496
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 6:42 PM
It's a phase. Does she settle down shortly after you leave? If she does, it's a phase.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MissTuree
by Bronze Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 6:46 PM

The hard thing about toddlers is you can never be sure what exactly what the reasons of their actions are. However, there are plenty of children who come from happy two parent homes who still go through "clingy" stages where they want a particular parent, this can be mom or dad. Don't let your guilt over the dissolution of your marriage pass into guilt as a mother. Just keep giving her the love and attention that she needs and maybe a little more so she knows that you love her very much and that you will always come back.

I left to Iraq twice, missing my son's 2nd and 4th birthday. I told him before I left the first time that I had to go to work for awhile, but that mommy's ALWAYS come back, mommy's never leave their babies. I told him this every night before I put him to bed. While I was in Iraq I would tell him the same thing whenever I spoke to him. I always did my best to reassure him that I would ALWAYS come back to him, he is my #1. To this day he can still recite that.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)