Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dear Tiffany

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 6:42 PM
  • 2 Replies

Dear Tiffany,

My soon-to-be-ex never participated much in parenting.  Last Sunday he once again brought our two boys--ages eighteen months and just three---home after a miserable weekend.  The boys were crying and their father was loudly complaining--in front of them, no less---that the little one should be potty trained already and the older one had no table manners.  he called them "big babies".  Now he's threatening to "straighten them out the old -fashioned way."  I'm worried.

Moms, please leave some replies.  Thank you.

by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 6:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
MissTuree
by Bronze Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 6:57 PM

Does he really want to take them? Or better yet, does he really want both of them at the same time? I wouldn't have him take both at the same time until he could get a better grasp on parenting. It may not seem fair to you or the boys to have to do this, but at the same time do you want him getting so worked up and frustrated he actually does end up laying a hand on them? If he honestly does want to be a father than try to help out not just him, but your babies too by easing him into the role.

camommy08
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:03 PM

what kind of table manners does he feel he needs? i know im teaching mine to stop chew with her mouth up to take smaller bites and what not. and I think he crazy to think an 18 month needs to be potty trained unless the 18 month is showing signs he ready. if they ever come home with bruise documate it and than see what u can do as of right now it seems like threats but get some witness that he has said this maybe u can do something but not soo sure what good luck

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)