Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

big brothers and big sisters

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 6:44 PM
  • 8 Replies

Has anyone done the big brother or big sister program. How did it work out I'm looking for a good male role model for my son.

by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 6:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Kissybratzmom
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:57 PM
I've done it for my daughter. I love the program and have nothing bad to say about it. There may be a waiting list though. They don't just take anyone to be a big, which is good. They also check in on the matches every so often.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kissybratzmom
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:59 PM
Oh, and my daughter has went to camp 2 years in a row for free and also a trip to Brookefield Zoo, which is about 3 hours away. It's a wonderful program.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LifeCafe42
by on Feb. 9, 2012 at 12:07 AM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommyto2LilMen
by on Feb. 9, 2012 at 7:55 AM
My exbf used to be a big brother ( or something like that, as it wasn't thru the big brother/big sister program). He enjoyed it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tyfry7496
by on Feb. 9, 2012 at 8:01 AM
My son had a Big and loved the program. I have only good things to say about the program. They have camping, bowling, fishing and other outings. Christmas parties. There may be a waiting list and there's lots of paperwork. Call now!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mysonsmom99
by on Feb. 9, 2012 at 10:48 AM

Thanks for all the input. I called but they said my ex will have to authorize it as well and I don't think he will but I really hope he does. He son needs a good role model.

strongerwtime
by on Feb. 9, 2012 at 11:22 AM

Good question. I havent.  I have a son too.

hopealways4019
by Bronze Member on Feb. 9, 2012 at 7:38 PM
My 12 year old daughter just got signed up, I gotta sign an application, then me and my daughter, gotta go to an interview. My 10 year old already have a mentor, who takez him to movies, arcade, baseball games, every month
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)