• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Talk to a lawyer today...

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:08 PM
  • 26 Replies
So I called legal aid today to make sure of my rights and the laws regarding my childrens custody. The lawyer told me that in my state I have full legal and full physical custody until he is granted otherwise by a judge. Good news for me. I was advised to write a visitation plan that he has to agree with if he wants to continue to see the children. This way, if he breaks the plan and I stop allowing visits, I can prove to a judge that I am being resonable and he was the one who did not want to be resonable. I really wanted to make sure that he has to give the kids back to me and that the cops would help me get them back if he tried to keep them. All is fine. I feel calmer now knowing that I can keep my kids and I feel better about visits to where he is. I am going to take the next week drafting a visitation plan. What would be some things you ask for? I know I will make it clear that my one son is to not have any dairy since he is allergic and his dad keeps sending him back in a reaction.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Tana13us
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:17 PM

that is great

what state?

I am trying to find out if I ned to take him to court for full custody or not

candymandy
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:22 PM
I guess I would include who drops off/picks up the kids. If it goes back and forth you don't want to be a taxi service. What would be the consequences if he misses a scheduled visitation?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kenre
by Bronze Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:27 PM
Minnesota.

Quoting Tana13us:

that is great

what state?

I am trying to find out if I ned to take him to court for full custody or not

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
khrisna1978
by Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:28 PM
Make sure you always having his correct home address and if he changes his home address you most be notified about the changes. Same with contact information.:-)
Tana13us
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:28 PM

cool

good luck

Kenre
by Bronze Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:34 PM
I dont want him driving. He has drinking/driving issue and recklace driving.

Quoting candymandy:

I guess I would include who drops off/picks up the kids. If it goes back and forth you don't want to be a taxi service. What would be the consequences if he misses a scheduled visitation?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
5BMom
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:16 PM
1 mom liked this
There is no way in hell I would let someone with a drinking problem alone with my kids. EVER.

Quoting Kenre:

Quoting candymandy:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Andrewsmom70
by Silver Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:34 PM
Or let my child be alone with someone that doesn't understand that ignoring an ALLERGY could mean severe reaction, even death!

Quoting 5BMom:

There is no way in hell I would let someone with a drinking problem alone with my kids. EVER.

Quoting Kenre:

Quoting candymandy:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kenre
by Bronze Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:40 PM
He only has a bar and driving home problem. His mom, whom he lives with, makes wine because she is addicted. She starts before breakfast and goes to bed with a glass. He is a horrible driver and has caused accidents while sober.

Quoting 5BMom:

Quoting Kenre:

Quoting candymandy:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kenre
by Bronze Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:50 PM
I have stressed that before. He swears he didnt mean to or cant figure out where he got it.

Quoting Andrewsmom70:

Or let my child be alone with someone that doesn't understand that ignoring an ALLERGY could mean severe reaction, even death!

Quoting 5BMom:

Quoting Kenre:

Quoting candymandy:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)