Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Update on my daughter (kinda long again)

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:16 PM
  • 7 Replies

Well things are getting better yet worse at the same time. The school social worker called my Friday and we talked about things. She seems to think that there is some ADHD or maybe some Bi-Polar issues going on and the change in teachers brought them to the surface, as the new teacher is more strict and expects them to sit and follow rules, (Which I am in complete agreement with)

DDhas had a couple of really GREAT days and one not so great since we started the daily reports. Then today I get a call at 2:30 that I need to come get her. Apparently she was in line walking to PE and one of her classmates was behind her and she just turned around and started CHOKING him!!!!! Well when the principal and school social worker asked her why she did it, she said that her brother (he is four) beats her up and steals her toys. (NOT true. She is the aggressor in any sibling fights that happen). When I got to the school and got her and asked her why she said the boy was talking to himself and it bugged her and she just wanted him to be quiet. The school will be having her make a "plan" in the morning, meaning she has to tell them what she did, why she did it, and how she will better handle it in the future, and I grounded her to her room for the night. No TV. No toys. And made her write all her letters and numbers to 50.

She has an eval with a phychologist on the 14th to see what is going on but this really freaks me out. If this happens again I wouldn't blame the school for suspending her. Has anyone dealt with this? Is a phychologist who we need to be seeing? Any suggestions on how to help her in the mean time? HELP ladies I am scared for my little girl.

by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
muwchck
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:41 PM

Cameron has some anger issues, along with being borderline adhd.  He sees a psychiatrist and we are in family therapy too.  We even have a case manager who comes to the house.  I'm waiting to see some progress with him.

KailesMommy
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:41 PM
Omg! Im so sorry u are going throu this. I dont want to scare u but my cousin was like that awhile back. They didnt get her the help she needed then but it sounds like ur doing the right thing. My cousin is ADHD but they have all said her problems (choking, stabing, killing cats and laughing about it, threating to kill babies and making out lists on who to kill first to last) is her bi-polar, schizophrenic, and multiple personality disorder. Now under the age of 18 most ppl will not say they have Multiple personality disorder but if they believe its that a lot will say they show signs or something to bring that up with it. But she didnt get the help til she was 11 she is 16 now. They had to hospitalize her in a mental facitliy and leave her there for 4 years. Now she is in a foster home trying to come home for the last time. The time before this they tried to get her home she said her brother raped her and its not true. But she believes it. But by the state they are giving her parents this last chance for her
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KailesMommy
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:44 PM
To straighten up and if she doesnt the parents have to ward the state custody so they can send her to a higher facitly to treat her. Now again. Im not telling u this to scare u or anything but this is what has happened in my family from mental problems. And sorry im using my phone to do this and i can only make it so long b4 i have to do another add on. But i wish u luck and if u would like feel free to pm me if u want.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
reaandiziesmama
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:49 PM

DD is 6. I work in the feild of special needs people and am going to school for my Human Services Degree and my "mom and sisiter" (really good friends that are like family) are social workers so I know all the things it COULD be and that's why I am freaking but also why I am trying to be proactive in getting her help. These problems just really started after Christmas and we have had stealing, lying, destroying others property, being a disruptin in class, and now these anger issues. I just want to know WHY and do what I have too to help her. They are already planning on counseling after the eval and we are looking into a caseworker. I will do meds if that's what they feel needs to be done. I just want to help my baby.

camommy08
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:25 PM

omg that so sad tohear....i hope you and the teachers can figure out what she has. So that you all know how to help her....i havent dealt with anything like that so i have no advice...the best i can do is send prayers and good thoughts your way.

Mommyto2LilMen
by Tina on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:29 PM

I am going trough issues with my son due to his ADD/ADHD and ODD and we are looking at some further testing through the school.  I can't take him to and Dr's because of his dad.  Good luck to you hun. 

LifeCafe42
by on Feb. 9, 2012 at 12:17 AM
Good luck I'm glad you are taking the steps in helping her
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)