Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Post Traumatic Stress Disorder

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 4:34 AM
  • 11 Replies
Anyone ever had this? I had my daughter at 28 weeks 9 mths ago. When i went into labour my ex said "its just constipation" we lived an hour from the hospital. I had awful pains all day and finally at 11pm i told him the pain was getting worse, could he take me to the hosp. His response? "its just fucking constipation, im tired and have to get up early" i started crying and begged him to help. I rung the hosp and the midwife told me to get there immediately. When i told the ex this he wanted me to drive myself and went back to bed. I went in and said please take me in. The entire way he bitched at me and only STFU when the OB told him i was 4cm dilated and they had to fly me to the hosp with the NICU fast. I left him 2 mths later. I never loved him and his performance that night reiterated that for me. After the labour and traumatic delivery and then the NICU for 66 days and the absolute anguish and terror over my DD i put it out of my mind. My doctor warned me about PTSD but i was all meh im fine but for the past few mths i've been waking in the night terrified and shaking about the early stage of labour, where my ex was being an asshole . I've vomitted 'cause i think about what might have happened and its like im back there again. Im so sad, i want it to be behind me. I still cant believe what my ex did and im sick of the nightmares. But finding out on Friday that this (PTSD) is what i have and the fact that its common in mommies of preemies helps. Im lucky i have a great doctor, he said to me " even though your baby is healthy now and doing wonderfully you'll never forget where she started out. So true.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 4:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PZRM
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 5:37 AM
I'm sorry for your stress and anxiety. :( But I am very happy for you that you have new independance and a beautiful healthy baby!!

Good job on dumping the loser to! I dumped my loser (for many other reasons too) because he decided that I could decide to have who I wanted as a godfather for dd or i could have him... Life is more fun with just baby. How old is she now?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
stace101
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 6:57 AM
1 mom liked this

Ditto to previous poster (PZRM). I've found that dumping a loser and getting a baby was the best exchange I ever made! Add on my girlfriends - one in particular - and a life in which I can make my own decisions for myself and my dd, and I will never have a need for a man again.  OK I guess I'm exaggerating, but certainly no need for the loser that was the 'sperm donor' for my dd. 

Stace x 

Anastasia1414
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 1:31 PM
She 9 mths now. Yeah i didnt just dump him cause i never loved him there were so many other reasons. He is just a loser lol

Quoting PZRM:

I'm sorry for your stress and anxiety. :( But I am very happy for you that you have new independance and a beautiful healthy baby!!

Good job on dumping the loser to! I dumped my loser (for many other reasons too) because he decided that I could decide to have who I wanted as a godfather for dd or i could have him... Life is more fun with just baby. How old is she now?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LovinLiv
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 1:39 PM
I was diagnosed with PTSD about 7 years ago after something happened and I was actually hospitalized for it so I know the feelings you're having. I don't really deal with it anymore but I do sometimes still have nightmares. I'm sorry about the anxiety you're having, I know that's scary. *hugs* it really does get better. Mine had nothing to do with having a baby but I still understand the feelings. If you need to talk you can message me.

On a brighter side, its good you dumped that loser! You both are better off without him. And I'm so glad you have a happy healthy baby now :) congrats on being a mom :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alyssasmommy318
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 1:44 PM
I suffer from ptsd due to domestic violence from my exhusband
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PZRM
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 2:12 PM
lol. Good job mama. :) I think sometimes its the IDEA OF the loser that we love so much, not the loser himself... lol. That's what my problem was at least.

My dd is 8 months now and has to see her loser via court ordered visits but it could be worse I suppose. I don't have ptsd but there are some things that do bring about terrifying feelings thanks to him. :( Thankfully I have my happy healthy baby to keep me company alot of the time, aren't they the best? :)

Quoting Anastasia1414:

She 9 mths now. Yeah i didnt just dump him cause i never loved him there were so many other reasons. He is just a loser lol

Quoting PZRM:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PZRM
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 2:13 PM
Oh yes, best trade ever! :) She's actually cute! ;) hahaha

Quoting stace101:

Ditto to previous poster (PZRM). I've found that dumping a loser and getting a baby was the best exchange I ever made! Add on my girlfriends - one in particular - and a life in which I can make my own decisions for myself and my dd, and I will never have a need for a man again.  OK I guess I'm exaggerating, but certainly no need for the loser that was the 'sperm donor' for my dd. 

Stace x 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anastasia1414
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 2:32 PM
Aww thank you! Im looking forward to feeling better again but i know it will take time.

Quoting LovinLiv:

I was diagnosed with PTSD about 7 years ago after something happened and I was actually hospitalized for it so I know the feelings you're having. I don't really deal with it anymore but I do sometimes still have nightmares. I'm sorry about the anxiety you're having, I know that's scary. *hugs* it really does get better. Mine had nothing to do with having a baby but I still understand the feelings. If you need to talk you can message me.

On a brighter side, its good you dumped that loser! You both are better off without him. And I'm so glad you have a happy healthy baby now :) congrats on being a mom :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anastasia1414
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 2:39 PM
Oh wow you could be my twin! I wanted the white picket fence, the "dream" family. And even though i knew i didnt have feelings for him i convinced myself he was what i wanted. You can talk yourself into anything i think. i wanted my baby but not the BD. Mine is really sporadic in his visits, shes seen him 3 times in 4 mths. He acts like he's dad of the year but the interest isnt there, but your right there are worse things than him!

Quoting PZRM:

lol. Good job mama. :) I think sometimes its the IDEA OF the loser that we love so much, not the loser himself... lol. That's what my problem was at least.

My dd is 8 months now and has to see her loser via court ordered visits but it could be worse I suppose. I don't have ptsd but there are some things that do bring about terrifying feelings thanks to him. :( Thankfully I have my happy healthy baby to keep me company alot of the time, aren't they the best? :)

Quoting PZRM:

I'm sorry for your stress and anxiety. :( But I am very happy for you that you have new independance and a beautiful healthy baby!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrsary
by Gold Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 2:45 PM
Me too & from combat... I think the abusive marriage was worse though!

Quoting alyssasmommy318:

I suffer from ptsd due to domestic violence from my exhusband

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)