Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

May be pregnant. Told the father and he left

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 6:24 AM
  • 47 Replies
About a week ago I told the guy I was talking to that I may be pregnant and he said he doesnt want to have any more kids. He already has 2 kids with different baby mothers. He also insinuated that the baby couldnt be his. Just because we only had sex two times. I told him it only takes one time to get pregnant. At first I wanted to get a abortion since im already a single mom with a 2 yr old son. But after doing research on the procedure and watching youtube videos. I cant have a abortion. I cant kill a innocent baby. That has no fault in the choices we made. So after telling him that I may be pregnant he never spoke to me ever again. I tried contacting him but he just kept on ignoring me. So one day I got fed up and deleted his number. Which now thinking about it I shouldnt have so I can tell him when I get the positive pregnancy. Not that he cares or wants to be in the baby life. But at least I told him. And now its up to him to make the decision. It horrifies me to think I may be pregnant and im going to have to go through the pregnancy and labor all by myself. I wish he would just man up and step up to his responsibility
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 6:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
stace101
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 6:51 AM
1 mom liked this

Unfortunately there are a lot of men out there who are like that. He MAY come around after a while (it takes a man longer than us to come to terms with a change in his life), but you need to think about a whole heap of other things. IF you've decided to keep the baby, make sure you've got female friends around who'll help you. Cos even if the father changes his mind and comes back into your life, and even if you've got helpful brothers, male cousins, male friends, you'll still need females. Those of us on here can support you from afar but I do hope you've friends locally. Good luck wtih everything - and we are all here anyway.  

Joashmom
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 7:01 AM
It so sad that theres a lot of guys out there like that. The way I see it we both made the baby so why should I be the only one taking care if our responsibility. I hope he does come around and notice what hes doing is not right. the problem is I dont know were he lives or works. And I dont know his last name. I hope after the baby is born when I go to file child support they can find him. Since I dont know much about him. All I know is his first name, age, date of birth and were he was born. I know he has 2 kids from different mothers. And the moms put him on child supprt. And I know he got arrested a couple of months ago and he bailed out
stace101
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 7:20 AM

It does sound as if you've enough info on him to find him if necessary - DOB, place of birth, child support, arrested - all of those things should turn him up somewhere. There will definitely be a record of the last on the list - do you know where he was arrested? But I think you need to think on whether you really want an unsupportive man in your life. As i said he MAY come around - does he know your name and address or phone no.? - but if he doesn't, I really do think you need to think of your other options/concerns etc (like I said in previous posting).    

yes of course you're right x100% that you both made the baby so you should both be responsible. But unfortunately men just aren't responsible - I know a few  women on here will disagree but I speak from my own experience - and I really do believe that WE have to take the responsibilities and that in the end having ONE loving supportive parent is better for a child than having TWO who aren't supportive of each other and so are less loving to the child or anything else. . 

SexyDiva19
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 8:03 AM
3 moms liked this
I wouldnt have told him about a possible pregnancy unless I knew for sure. It's good that you know what his reaction is though.

If you're not pregnant be happy and move on, if you are hopefully he'll come around but prepare yourself to do it alone.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Dawnie-marie
by Dawn on Feb. 12, 2012 at 8:04 AM

you can do it, I did, with 2 boys from the same man.

SexyDiva19
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 8:07 AM
How long were you two dating?

Quoting Joashmom:

It so sad that theres a lot of guys out there like that. The way I see it we both made the baby so why should I be the only one taking care if our responsibility. I hope he does come around and notice what hes doing is not right. the problem is I dont know were he lives or works. And I dont know his last name. I hope after the baby is born when I go to file child support they can find him. Since I dont know much about him. All I know is his first name, age, date of birth and were he was born. I know he has 2 kids from different mothers. And the moms put him on child supprt. And I know he got arrested a couple of months ago and he bailed out

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Joashmom
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:30 AM
Quoting stace101:

It does sound as if you've enough info on him to find him if necessary - DOB, place of birth, child support, arrested - all of those things should turn him up somewhere. There will definitely be a record of the last on the list - do you know where he was arrested? But I think you need to think on whether you really want an unsupportive man in your life. As i said he MAY come around - does he know your name and address or phone no.? - but if he doesn't, I really do think you need to think of your other options/concerns etc (like I said in previous posting).    

yes of course you're right x100% that you both made the baby so you should both be responsible. But unfortunately men just aren't responsible - I know a few  women on here will disagree but I speak from my own experience - and I really do believe that WE have to take the responsibilities and that in the end having ONE loving supportive parent is better for a child than having TWO who aren't supportive of each other and so are less loving to the child or anything else. . 

Yes I do know were he was arrested. He does know my name, address and phone number. But he he would not contact me
Joashmom
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:54 AM
Quoting SexyDiva19:

I wouldnt have told him about a possible pregnancy unless I knew for sure. It's good that you know what his reaction is though.

If you're not pregnant be happy and move on, if you are hopefully he'll come around but prepare yourself to do it alone.

Quoting SexyDiva19:

I do regret telling him that I might be pregnant. I wish I couldve waited until I knew for sure I was pregnant. But at least I seen now his true colors. Im praying to god that im not pregnant. So I can move on from this horrible nightmare. I hope he will come around too. But its been 3 days that I havent heard anything from him. I doubt hes going to contact me again. So im braving because I know I have to go through this all by myself. Hes also got a case pending when he got arrested and if convicted hes possibly facing a 2yr sentence
Joashmom
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 10:04 AM
Quoting SexyDiva19:

10yrs ago we were in a 1yr relationship. I seen him again and we have been talking for a couple of weeks. Back 10yrs ago I knew his last name but because its been so long I cant remember his last name
faerie75
by Ruby Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 10:47 AM
Well unfortunately he may not. Get ready to do it alone again.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)