Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If your son wanted to wear dresses would you let him?

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 10:07 AM
  • 506 Replies
Some parents let their kids make their own decisions like what they wanna eat, what they wanna wear etc. So if your son always picked out dresses when you went to the store or wore his sister's dresses would you let him? How would You feel about it?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 10:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Chanel5nyc
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 10:11 AM
7 moms liked this
No I wouldn't let him. You shouldn't let a child do anything they want to do. If they are a teenager and bought the dress, then I can't do anything about it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
singlemom1208
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 10:13 AM
21 moms liked this
I would let him around the house and take blackmail pics but not in public. He can wear what he wants when he's an adult, but I don't wanna encorouge behavior that might confuse him or set him up to be bullied.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jeckyls-mommy
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 10:15 AM
28 moms liked this
Yes I would. I wouldn't dare have the clothing battle with him. My son in a dress is the least of my worries.
ArmyGal
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 10:16 AM
27 moms liked this

I'd tell him the reactions he may get but otherwise he could wear it. Just as long as it looks nice and isn't too skimpy lol :)

mrsary
by Gold Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 10:16 AM
3 moms liked this
Around the house yea. He already walks around n my shoes. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Dawnie-marie
by Dawn on Feb. 12, 2012 at 10:27 AM
1 mom liked this

neah, as I only have two boys I don't have that problem but if he wanted to I'd say only in the house, but discourage it.

supermommyy21
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 10:28 AM
5 moms liked this

depending on his age if he doesnt really understand male vs female clothing items, then around the house to play around and not in public though.i have my own toddler now but i used to be a nanny and the 2 or 3 yr olds and they wanted to play dress up cause their older sisters were 

arnptee
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 10:29 AM
6 moms liked this

No

1 The heavens proclaim the glory of God. The skies display his craftsmanship. 2 Day after day they continue to speak; night after night they make him known. 3 They speak without a sound or word; their voice is never heard.  4 Yet their message has gone throughout the earth, and their words to all the world. -Psalm 19:1-4

PortiaRose
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 10:31 AM
18 moms liked this
Chances are, if you gave him a sense of self worth and a good self esteem he can handle whatever bullying may come his way. If he wants to wear a dress all the time, all you're gonna do is make him feel bad about himself.

Your comment screams "if he doesn't turn out how I want I'm gonna flip out"

Quoting singlemom1208:

I would let him around the house and take blackmail pics but not in public. He can wear what he wants when he's an adult, but I don't wanna encorouge behavior that might confuse him or set him up to be bullied.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Chanel5nyc
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 10:37 AM
6 moms liked this
No matter how much self worth you give a child, doesn't mean they can handle bullying. Especially nowadays with technology. The whole school, including teachers will turn against them. Lately a lot of kids are committing suicide.

Quoting PortiaRose:

Chances are, if you gave him a sense of self worth and a good self esteem he can handle whatever bullying may come his way. If he wants to wear a dress all the time, all you're gonna do is make him feel bad about himself.

Your comment screams "if he doesn't turn out how I want I'm gonna flip out"

Quoting singlemom1208:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)