Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i can't believe it! (not related to relationships or kids)

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 11:49 AM
  • 9 Replies
Whitney Houston is dead! I can't believe it! She and my mom are the exact same age, and now she's gone! She was the soundtrack to my childhood as a kid in the 80's. I thought she was beautiful and talented. "I'm your baby tonight" was one of my favorites. I feel horrible for her daughter. She's only 19yrs old and has so many years ahead of her. So much life and love to experience, and now she won't be able to share any of that with her mom. She won't be able to call her mom up and say, "ma! I'm in love! We're getting married!" Or "ma, guess what? You're going to be a grandma!" This woman was so talented, she had her share of ups and downs, but she was blessed with an amazing talent. I can't believe it... Just so shocked. She seemed like she was doing so well in the past few years, and now she's gone.

Ok, I'm done now. If you'd like to share anything, feel free. But please do not bash the departed for her previous drug use or other issues. There's a mother somewhere mourning the loss of a child, and a daughter mourning the loss of a mother.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 11:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Chanel5nyc
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 12:22 PM
I just hope Bobbi Kristina Brown (Whitney and Bobby's daughter) learned from this. Because she was caught doing lines of cocaine last year. Sometimes it takes a death of a family member to get your life together.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
StephMarie_Mom
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 12:30 PM
True. Have you heard Bobbi-Kristina sing? She has a pretty voice. I hope she learns from the mistakes of loved one, and it able to become successful in anything she does.

Quoting Chanel5nyc:

I just hope Bobbi Kristina Brown (Whitney and Bobby's daughter) learned from this. Because she was caught doing lines of cocaine last year. Sometimes it takes a death of a family member to get your life together.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
heather4511
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 12:36 PM
I didn't even know she died. Wow
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
deltathree
by Gold Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 12:38 PM

I agree - so sad.  Another great gone way too early.  She and her beautiful voice will always be remembered.   

Chanel5nyc
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 12:44 PM
I didn't know she could sing. But I'm not surprised because she has talented parents, cousins and grandmother.

Quoting StephMarie_Mom:

True. Have you heard Bobbi-Kristina sing? She has a pretty voice. I hope she learns from the mistakes of loved one, and it able to become successful in anything she does.

Quoting Chanel5nyc:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SexyDiva19
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 1:01 PM
Same here. I hope she learns from her mothers untimely passing.

Quoting Chanel5nyc:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
StephMarie_Mom
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 2:07 PM
Yeah, she comes from a very talented family. I saw a clip of her singing an adele song on youtube.

Quoting Chanel5nyc:

I didn't know she could sing. But I'm not surprised because she has talented parents, cousins and grandmother.

Quoting StephMarie_Mom:

Quoting Chanel5nyc:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Krystle21
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 2:13 PM
1 mom liked this
Its still hard to believe its so sad
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brieri
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 5:25 PM

It goes to show that whatever age one is, it can happen to anyone. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)