Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i want to get on a healthy easy diet/exercize routine.. any ideas?

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 1:20 PM
  • 7 Replies
Mommy of an active 4 year old. Something easy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 1:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
LuckyLisa88
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 5:02 PM

Of course I tested wlose.com it has help me to loss a lot of weight and to eat very healty. I can only say try it =)

MatisMommy
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 5:08 PM
Thank you so much :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mysty923
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 5:09 PM
1 mom liked this

the easiest thing to do is watch your fat

If you make sure nothing you eat is more than 35% calories of fat by calorie - you will do well.

That means something 100 calories total can have no more than 3 grams of fat.  etc.

Easy to do, read labels - and eat what you want - all fruits and veggies are Ok, and so are most things!

MeeshMom
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 5:32 PM
1 mom liked this
Bodyrock.tv go to this website and they have free workouts and blogs with real peoples progress. And if you have health insurance or the money go see a nutritionist. I'm seeing one and it helped kick start my healthier eating.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brieri
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 5:37 PM

Running and playing with your 4 yr old and finding a good diet cook book is all I can say.  Keep the sweets and junk food to a minumum or out the kitchen all together.  Watch those calories.  Check the cans and boxes when your at the grocery store.  It tells you right there. 

krysstizzle
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 5:48 PM
Best diet advice: eat whole, real food. Or stuff with less than 5 ingredients. Super easy, no crazy rules and counting to do. Fruit, vegetables, lean meats and fish, whole grains and rice, easy sauces. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
StephMarie_Mom
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 5:49 PM
1 mom liked this
I've got a friend that's a health nut. He goes to the gym 6 days a week and eats very "clean" most of the time. The best advice he gave me was: for breakfast, eat like a king, for lunch, eat like a prince, and for dinner, eat like a pauper. The most calories you should take in is at breakfast time, and gradually going down throughout the day. And in between snack on fresh fruit or veggies and raw nuts like almonds. I also recommend getting a workout dvd called "Jillian Michaels 30 day shred" it's a great 20min workout. It's broken out into 3 sections, starting at level one. The idea is that by the end of the 30 days, you're at level 3. It's an interval training workout, and is great. Also, I recommend walking as much as possible whenever possible. One of my favorite things is long distance walking. I can typically walk 3mi within 30min on a good day. If there's any "walk for a" cause type thing going on in your area soon, sign up! It's a great way to encourage you to workout more, and give you new people to workout with.

After I had my daughter, I had a bit of a weight challenge. But now I'm back down to my pre-baby size, and even healthier. The dvd I recommended is at target for like 9$ or so. Very cheap! Also, here's a quick easy workout I do if I don't have much time, I do about 50 sit ups, 50 crunches (25 each of 2 different variations), 50 flutter kicks, 30 push ups (more on a good day), 50 jumping jacks, and I have 5lb weights that I use to do a combo of arm presses and squats.

Hope it helps! Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)