Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

child support help!!!

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 2:19 PM
  • 15 Replies

ok so when they did my child support they based it off both our incomes. well i was workin 50 to 60 hrs a week making 8.75 a hr plus commision so i had 600 700 some checks and he was working hourly now he got a promotion to assitant manager. he works off salary now and makes more and he still lives in his parents basement making only car payments insurance and his car getting fixed payments. i know moved to a new city and pay double in rent than when they calculated everything and his payments only cover 1 week of daycare!  is there a way i can change it? how do i go about it when he wont give me his paystub to send in as proof? what do  do to change it?

by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 2:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
flprincessmom
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 2:24 PM
2 moms liked this

petition the court for a modification....he has to provide a financial affidavit as well as you...if the courts see a significant change in income/circumstance they will modify the cs amount...

5BMom
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 2:51 PM
1 mom liked this
Exactly this...

Quoting flprincessmom:

petition the court for a modification....he has to provide a financial affidavit as well as you...if the courts see a significant change in income/circumstance they will modify the cs amount...

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tyfry7496
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 3:46 PM
It depends on your state. In Wisconsin child support can only be modified once every 3 years. Be prepared that asking for a moderation can mean LESS support not more. Also, child support is not meant to pay for everything but is meant to help the custodial parent. I get $50 a week which is a drop in the bucket compared to what I provide.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tyfry7496
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 3:48 PM
As for him giving you proof, he doesn't have to. That's what child support or the courts will get. Honesty, I wouldn't give that info to my ex either and I refused to give my financial info when he wanted a modification for less support. It was still denied because he already pays the minimum.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brieri
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 4:38 PM

if you move to pay more rent that is your problem.  Not his.  You can take him back to court if you want, but I don't think they are going to consider that just because you have a bigger place and pay more rent is going to affect anything.  Live within your means and what he gives you from start = its best.

KailesMommy
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 4:47 PM
I think with how ur going about things isnt right. I mean yea u want more support but u shouldnt have moved somewhere where ur paying more rent then what u were. Its not his problem thats urs. And child care look for a cheaper one. At least he is paying child support.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
m2b8609
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 7:43 PM

first off i was living with a roommate now my daughter and i live somewhere by  ourselves! it is within my means but my friend got married and had a baby and moved and if we stayed there we would be living in a 3 bedroom house alone paying double what we are now! not like i said hey lets move to a new place to make him pay double im not that stupid! im just saying if he makes double what he did and has no bills he should have to pay more when im not making as much!

Quoting brieri:

if you move to pay more rent that is your problem.  Not his.  You can take him back to court if you want, but I don't think they are going to consider that just because you have a bigger place and pay more rent is going to affect anything.  Live within your means and what he gives you from start = its best.

m2b8609
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 7:46 PM

i do have the cheapest daycare and im trying to go bout it the right way! im just sick of him not helping support her more when he makes double what he did and he even agreed to pay more!!!!!! you all are pretty negative its not my fault some of your kids fathers dont pay child support but seems like everytime i post something to ask for help i get a lot of negativity im done in here

michiganmom5150
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 8:02 PM
They'll make him turn his info over. You are supposed to notify them anytime there is a change in income. Request a modification. May take a month or so, but they could get him to pay back support for the time you had to wait.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brieri
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 11:11 PM

Quoting m2b8609:

first off i was living with a roommate now my daughter and i live somewhere by  ourselves! it is within my means but my friend got married and had a baby and moved and if we stayed there we would be living in a 3 bedroom house alone paying double what we are now! not like i said hey lets move to a new place to make him pay double im not that stupid! im just saying if he makes double what he did and has no bills he should have to pay more when im not making as much!

Quoting brieri:

I understand what your feeling.  I have been there.  I made a lot less than my ex and I ended up paying c/s 1/2 or more than my share to him when he was making 3x or more than me.  He was/still is married and there was another child in that family - not blood related to me.  So he was trying to get everything from me. Just don't bring it on to say you had to move because you have to pay more in rent.  Because your roommate moved out and you find another place to live.  If you can live on what he's giving you now and what you are making then live within that means.  Going to court costs lots of money for diddly.  Don't worry about where he lives and what he's doing,  Concentrate on yourself and your child.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)