Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I can't let this one just go....I have to stand up for us!!!!!! Help!!!!!

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 2:19 PM
  • 5 Replies

Ok ladies I am warning you this is a long post. Ok here it goes. My ex and I have a parenting plan filed with the state we are in. It states that my ex is to have our son Sat mornings till Monday mornings every week. My ex never keeps him till Monday mornings though I always get Parker back Sundays around 4pm. My ex does have 3 other kids. The oldest is 14 and lives with her Mom in Louisiana. The 2 other kids are 5 and 8 and my ex has them Wed-Sun afternoon every week so he has them a little over 50% of the time. Ok so I have struggled hard dealing with my ex and his lack of respect for me and my time. On Sat when he is suppose to take Parker he is always very late picking him up or he will cancel taking Parker all together. Well this last Thurs I texted the ex asking him what time he plans on picking up Parker.....no response. friday at 5pm I text him again saying I am trying to plan my day could you please tell me when you plan on getting Parker.......no response. I wait 2 hours and text again...still no response so I call him and no answer. So here it is Friday night and I am unsure of exactly what time the ex will be here to get his son. Sat morning arrives and I still have no idea whats going on so at 9:30am I text him and wait wait wait well at 12:00 I get a text back from him telling me that he is in Louisiana picking up his 14 year old daughter and that he had no time to communicate that to me. Ummmmm wtf what kind of person just up and leaves without telling the caretaker of his child especially when it was his days to have his son! He could have called and talked to me about this after he bought the plane ticket or maybe on the way to the airport or gee waiting at the airport for his flight!!!!!!  Also im enraged because he had time to call the mother of the two other kids he has and make arrangments for them because the Mom of the kids works weekends. I have let his disrespect for me go for so long but this takes the cake. I am at a complete loss of what to do. I can't yell at him it would just make me look a fool and he wouldnt listen. I cant have a calm and rational conversation with him because I had tried that several times in the past he doesnt listen and honestly dosent care. I just feel I have to take a stand here though and let him know this was not acceptable behavior and im so tired of the disrespect for me, my time and my son. Ladies please tell me what to do to take a stand for myself! I really need you're advice and support!

by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 2:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
5BMom
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 2:53 PM
I would go back to the courts and let them know he is violating the PA.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SexyDiva19
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 3:22 PM
Take him back to court.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MeeshMom
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 3:27 PM
2 moms liked this

I agree go back to the court. But also if he does not abide by the order then you should keep your son on his days since he is not communicating with you. Plan your weekends as if you will have him.

brieri
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 4:58 PM

Take it back to court - probably the best go through mediation and try to get the visitation plan changed so it's not every weekend, go with every other weekend from Sat - Sun.  Then also ask for a little more c/s, if he doesn't abide by that visitation plan either.  Good luck.

KailesMommy
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 5:08 PM
I would go back to court about it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)