Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I can't understand how he can't see

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 6:14 PM
  • 6 Replies
I visited my boy's dad yesterday and today (he's locked up in the county jail). Some of you know he didn't know about my pregnancy. Well yesterday he asked and I told him yea I was so now he knows. When I told him the guards took him back since our visit was over. Today when I saw him, he seemed worse than yesterday. Like he just showed how much he wasn't willing to change. I asked him how he's expecting to keep his family if he keeps doing the same shit that got him locked up. He didn't say anything besides "I know what I'm doing to make my life better." So I started crying and all he could say was that if he can't make me happy then there's no point in me waiting for him. I just put the phone down and walked out.
How could he give up so easily on his family? I felt our son starting to kick once I walked out and it made me just start balling. It's bad enough for him to choose this life over me, but to do this to his son, I just can't understand. He always told me how he hated his dad for walking out on him and his mom. How can you be everything you've grown up hating? My son doesn't deserve this. I just can't understand how he can let go of his family as easily as that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 6:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
michiganmom5150
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 6:19 PM
1 mom liked this
He doesn't know how to be a family. He just doesn't get it. If he was raised without a dad, maybe he doesn't see how he fits in. That, and you are managing without him. When does he get out? Maybe he's just depressed about his situation and this is his way of coping.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brieri
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 6:58 PM

sad 

KaelynnsMommy64
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 7:07 PM
This and give him time to let it all sink in. He's probably in shock right now.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gabrielat
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 7:12 PM
He gets our sometime next week but then he's supposed to be getting transferred to another county jail. I'm not sure how long he's supposed to be in there though. I was thinking he was being this way because he didn't know how to handle it but everything he was saying was word for word of what he would have said while we were still together. Idk he just was the exact same person he went in as.

Quoting michiganmom5150:

He doesn't know how to be a family. He just doesn't get it. If he was raised without a dad, maybe he doesn't see how he fits in. That, and you are managing without him. When does he get out? Maybe he's just depressed about his situation and this is his way of coping.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SinceresMomma
by on Feb. 13, 2012 at 12:54 AM
1 mom liked this
Stop expecting him to change and you won't feel so hurt. Do everything you can for your baby and if he decides to come around then great. But it takes too much time and energy trying to force a boy to be a man
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
faerie75
by Ruby Member on Feb. 13, 2012 at 12:01 PM
1 mom liked this

you need to leave that alone. walk away, dont look back. hes a yard bird and from what i remember you saying, an addict. he will not change until HE decides to, when hes hit his bottom, and a kid nor a woman will trigger that.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)