Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Some days I want to quit :/

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 8:27 PM
  • 9 Replies
And today is one of them. I just don't have any patience left and I feel so bad I've had a short fuse all day. My son is such a sweetheart but he's been driving me nuts today. Everything I say needs an explanation for some reason. And he keeps kissing me all over my face and I really hate when my face is touched. But what am I supposed to tell him? To stop kissing me? Hes not trying to annoy me but i can't handle it. I know I sound horrible, I love him and his kisses just not all over my face. If I ask him to stop (anything - moving while I'm trying to wash him, misbehaving, whatever) i need to say it so many times before he listens. Then i just feel bad because hes still just a little boy. I just wish I had some help - I'm exhausted between school, work and being his only parent :/. I just needed to vent I guess.
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 8:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
adahmama
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 8:43 PM
Sooooo understand! Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mandiNthomas
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 8:44 PM
1 mom liked this
We all have those days ans sometimes more than others it seems like...it's all going to be ok. Just breath maybe find something for ur LO to do and let u breath for a minute..I know its hard vent away!!! ((Hugs)) hope u feel better"!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ZachysMama08
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 8:48 PM
1 mom liked this
Omg it must be in the air bc I feel the same exact way! And I to feel bad when I am short fused! Ugh
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rowansmum
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 8:52 PM
1 mom liked this
*hugs* we all have those days. I have 3 kids so honey, I've been there lol. Have you tried asking him to kiss your hand instead? My kids love to be right under my goddamn feet. Infuriating. I found if I gave (mostly my oldest) some time to chat a few times a day he settled. About the listening, get down to eye level. Kids hear with their eyes, true story lol. If he keeps not listening use the ear flick. Light quick flick on the earlobe always gets the attention if all else fails
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Dawnie-marie
by Dawn on Feb. 12, 2012 at 10:01 PM

I know how you feel. things will get better

alison08
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 10:10 PM
Thanks everyone. It's not easy. I will try to tell him to kiss my hands - I wouldn't mind it lol. I just hope tomorrow is a better day.
iluvmybabe
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 11:15 PM
I've been there too girl. Tomorrow will be better :)

BigMama925
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 11:18 PM
Haha same here! :)

Quoting rowansmum:

*hugs* we all have those days. I have 3 kids so honey, I've been there lol. Have you tried asking him to kiss your hand instead? My kids love to be right under my goddamn feet. Infuriating. I found if I gave (mostly my oldest) some time to chat a few times a day he settled. About the listening, get down to eye level. Kids hear with their eyes, true story lol. If he keeps not listening use the ear flick. Light quick flick on the earlobe always gets the attention if all else fails
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Joashmom
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 11:25 PM
Its very hard to be a single mom. Stay strong. Take a nice warm bubble bath when the lo is slepping. Take a deep breath and relax
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)