Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Is flirting cheating?

Posted by on Feb. 28, 2012 at 12:11 AM
  • 36 Replies
I ask that question because my friend just broke up with his girlfriend because she flirted with two guys on Facebook. One guy she said "besos" which means kisses in Spanish. And the other guy she gave him a compliment after he gave her one. My friend said he believes she didn't have sex with them. But she is shady for "flirting". He broke with her a day before her birthday. Yeah I know, douchebag. Lol.

Do you think flirting is cheating?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 28, 2012 at 12:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LovinLiv
by on Feb. 28, 2012 at 12:19 AM
1 mom liked this
I don't think its cheating, not in those examples. It's something best to stay away from because it can turn into emotional cheating but some people are just flirty.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hellokittyy
by Member on Feb. 28, 2012 at 12:20 AM

depends on if she likes them

Chanel5nyc
by Shanell on Feb. 28, 2012 at 12:24 AM
I think my friend over reacted with the "flirting" thing.

I don't think flirting is cheating. Everyone flirts. It makes you feel good about yourself.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lunarprancer
by Bronze Member on Feb. 28, 2012 at 12:25 AM
Yes
heather4511
by on Feb. 28, 2012 at 12:27 AM
2 moms liked this
If my bf was openly flirting with other chicks it kind of seems like emotionally cheating. I wouldn't approve if he was letting chicks kiss him or if he was out and calling chicks hot. No way
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
faleeshab
by on Feb. 28, 2012 at 12:33 AM
Lol...something DH and I deal with A LOT!!! He's a huge flirt. The Besos thing yes...I'd be pissed about. The compliment...just depends on the compliment. If she was like ur hot blah blah, then I could see being pissed. I don't see it as cheating. But I also know how it can make the actual bf or gf feel like they aren't good enough or what the "flirt" wants. Like I said been there a lot!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MeeshMom
by Platinum Member on Feb. 28, 2012 at 12:36 AM

depends how extreme. your example I would say no, but I understand how a guy or a girl would feel a bit jealous if their SO was saying that to some other person. I think they prob werent serious enough. He may be overly sensitive and want a girl thats all about him.

my1love
by on Feb. 28, 2012 at 12:38 AM
1 mom liked this

when im single im a flirt, when im in a relationship i only flirt with my girl friends but yes flirting is emotional cheating if its not in a joking way....

bubblycute
by on Feb. 28, 2012 at 1:22 AM

I don't think it's cheating but depending on if the couple talked about it maybe disrespect. I know as a woman I'd be less then ok if my man were doing that kind of stuff. Relationships are tricky some people feel like certain behaviors should be between them and the person they are dating.

faerie75
by Ruby Member on Feb. 28, 2012 at 1:33 AM
No but there's a fine line. And its also in the intent.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN