Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Is flirting cheating?

Posted by   + Show Post
I ask that question because my friend just broke up with his girlfriend because she flirted with two guys on Facebook. One guy she said "besos" which means kisses in Spanish. And the other guy she gave him a compliment after he gave her one. My friend said he believes she didn't have sex with them. But she is shady for "flirting". He broke with her a day before her birthday. Yeah I know, douchebag. Lol.

Do you think flirting is cheating?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 28, 2012 at 12:11 AM
Replies (11-20):
Anastasia1414
by on Feb. 28, 2012 at 1:43 AM
This.

Quoting faerie75:

No but there's a fine line. And its also in the intent.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LisaMichelle.H
by on Feb. 28, 2012 at 1:46 AM
1 mom liked this
No way! I think flirting is the persons perception. Something 1 person considers being friendly can be flirting to another. Besides its not like she slept with them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shudderette
by on Feb. 28, 2012 at 7:40 AM
This is something i was considering asking as well. I don't think flirting is bad. It's fun and makes me feel good about myself, kinda makes me feel sexy and if I feel sexy then i'm gonna want sex more often and gee, who do I get that from? My man. I'd love to flirt with my man but he SUCKS at it. If our date hadn't been arranged he'd never have gotten a girl, lol. Problem is, my man gets soooo jealous if I even talk to a man. Ugh, so frustrating for me.
I don't see the problem with light flirting as long as there are boundaries that don't get crossed. My man is the one I want to come home to.
Maybe your friend's relationship had other issues and the flirting is the excuse he's using for the breakup.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lexi76
by on Feb. 28, 2012 at 8:23 AM

I do not think it is cheating. I do believe it is the beginning of a non-trusting relationship that may possibly lead to cheating. That is a recipe for a bad relationship.  My DBF and I would never do this.  We are completely open about who we talk to.  Even if we just had a random text or to say hello to a friend (male or female).  We have both been in relationships that we were cheated on. We want to make sure there are not any questions regarding trust between us.

mom-x-2
by on Feb. 28, 2012 at 9:07 AM
I work in a restaurant. We all flirt with each other all the time. Everyone flirts. Nbd
LaLaStarMomma
by on Feb. 28, 2012 at 9:15 AM

I dont think flirting is cheating. 

LyndaLoo78
by on Feb. 28, 2012 at 9:38 AM
Okay your buddy way overreated. I get "hugs" and compliments on FB from guy friends often, my SO does not spazz out about it. I am allowed to compliment my male friends without him going apeshit. I can also kiss on the cheek IRL my male friends (who are married *GASP*) without their wives or my SO looking for a bunny to boil! Your friend needs to grow up a bit I think.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KRIZZ25
by Platinum Member on Feb. 28, 2012 at 12:50 PM

if her broke up wth her for that than he has some other issues..i beat he flirts to..and no..it,s not

Chanel5nyc
by Shanell on Feb. 28, 2012 at 12:53 PM
He is a super jealous guy. I've been friends with him for almost 10 years. I've seen him break with girls for the dumbest reasons.

Quoting KRIZZ25:

if her broke up wth her for that than he has some other issues..i beat he flirts to..and no..it,s not

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Robsessed98
by on Feb. 28, 2012 at 12:57 PM
1 mom liked this

Simple flirting is not cheating.  If so, dh and I cheat on each other with tons of people because we are natural born flirts and it doesn't bother either of us when the other does it.  Now, if it were to go from flirting to coming on to them, that would be a different story.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN