Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Found some old pictures that me & DD's dad took back in '08

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 2:03 AM
  • 6 Replies

And I gave them to DD. My mom never have me any pics of her and my dad and now that I'm grown, I think I would have appreciated that. To know that even though they didn't make it past anything, LOL, it would have been nice to have something with them. So I gave the pictures to DD. There are about 5 of them, we had them done in a mall back in Korea. I pointed to DD and asked her who he was and she told me his name, then when I asked her who I was, she called Tousin (cousin cause she can't pronounce her C's). It really amused me because I thought she would say Daddy and Mommy and she did just the opposite. But hopefully when she's older, she'll look back at those pictures and be glad that even though we aren't the friendliest now, at one point in time we were and we weren't always like this. I think it's kinda sweet. Anyone else keeping pictures of their kid's dad so that they can give them to their LOs later?

by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 2:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
StephMarie_Mom
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 2:08 AM
Bump!

Yeah, I've got a pic of me and my daughter's father, and another pic of him alone so when she gets older she'll have some idea of what he looks like.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MeeshMom
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 2:19 AM
The only pics I have of me and my sons dad we were both fat. Well more him than me and all pics had alcohol or cigs which I prefer not to share with my son. Except for one from my 21st bday, my last bday before my son was concieved. We were broken up at the time but he showed up at my kegger and I really didn't want him there. He used to look fat and zitty now he's looking skinny and dry and old lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
charliebean
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 2:39 AM

That was a very thoughtful thing to do. I have a few pictures of DD's dad that I keep for her. I have a couple in a scrapbook and I was thinking about maybe getting one screenprinted on a throw pillow for her to snuggle with.

Mommyto2LilMen
by Tina on Mar. 4, 2012 at 8:01 AM
That was nice of you. At thks point it would confuse my kids cuz they want me to marry theory dad, even tho we r divorced and he is remarried.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sid1083
by Silver Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:58 AM
I don't have any of just the two of us together, but I have quite a few of dd and her dad, but only a couple of ds and bd (due to age and now living circumstances). Most are sitting on the computer, but yes, when the kids are older, I plan on giving the pictures to them and telling them that yes, at one point in their lives, their dad was interested in them beyond solely sending financial assistance for them to live.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Tish_Hughes
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 1:32 PM
I will probably print the picture of him & her that he posted on his Facebook and give that to her as well. Now that I think about it, I think I'll do a scrapbook for her with pictures of her and us and her dad. Of course there will be more pictured of me & her in it LOL.

Quoting sid1083:

I don't have any of just the two of us together, but I have quite a few of dd and her dad, but only a couple of ds and bd (due to age and now living circumstances). Most are sitting on the computer, but yes, when the kids are older, I plan on giving the pictures to them and telling them that yes, at one point in their lives, their dad was interested in them beyond solely sending financial assistance for them to live.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)