Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

twilight, twilight, twilight...

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 2:17 AM
  • 82 Replies
1 mom liked this
Do any of you ladies watch or read any of the twilight movies or books? I've got some friends that are avid fans of this story line, and I just don't get it! I read the first 2 books when I was pregnant, and even watched the first movie. But, I just couldn't get into it at all... I'm more of an anne rice, bram stoker kinda girl when it comes to my vampires. Hell, I even love the sookie stackhouse books and watch true blood as much as possible... But I don't understand the excitement of twilight... The guy seems like a douche and the girl is annoying to me
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 2:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Chanel5nyc
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 2:28 AM
I tried to get into it, but find it boring. The whole love story line seems like a junior high school girl wrote it. The love between Bella and the vampire (forgot his name) is blah.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
StephMarie_Mom
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 2:38 AM
That's exactly how I felt about it when I gave it a chance.

Quoting Chanel5nyc:

I tried to get into it, but find it boring. The whole love story line seems like a junior high school girl wrote it. The love between Bella and the vampire (forgot his name) is blah.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amylee88
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 2:46 AM
ibremeber my sis hd a bootleg movie of it n she was ohh its about vampires and i was exfited well not even half way i fell asleep thinking i was tired from work i went to thw movies on my day off n again i ferl asleep and so far i havent been able to get past the first10 min lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
StephMarie_Mom
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 3:03 AM
Haha that's really bad! I guess that explains how you feel about it

Quoting amylee88:

ibremeber my sis hd a bootleg movie of it n she was ohh its about vampires and i was exfited well not even half way i fell asleep thinking i was tired from work i went to thw movies on my day off n again i ferl asleep and so far i havent been able to get past the first10 min lol

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TruCowboysFan
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 3:06 AM
I read the books but I cannot stand the movies. I don't like those two people for some reason. I can't even read the books anymore because I picture them while I'm reading...lol Ruins the whole book.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Starry412
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 3:09 AM

I never really liked them but I have gotten to love The Vampire Diaries it is alot different. I too like Anne Rice and the other authors who write about vampires, werewolves and witches

StephMarie_Mom
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 3:17 AM
I haven't read vampire diaries. Took one look at those books and thought, "great! Another f*ing twilight!" Haha

Quoting Starry412:

I never really liked them but I have gotten to love The Vampire Diaries it is alot different. I too like Anne Rice and the other authors who write about vampires, werewolves and witches

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
StephMarie_Mom
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 3:19 AM
Haha that's a drag! So now the movies have ruined the books for you! That guy isn't as attractive as hollywood makes him out to be. Idk how I feel about that girl as an actress. I liked her as joan jett in "the runaways", though. She could've been a bit stronger, but it was pretty good considering

Quoting TruCowboysFan:

I read the books but I cannot stand the movies. I don't like those two people for some reason. I can't even read the books anymore because I picture them while I'm reading...lol Ruins the whole book.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamaof2angles
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 3:25 AM
I happen to like it in this latest installment he (Edward) gets angry and actlually yells at Bella Breaking Dawn part 2 should be interesting I have ALL 5 books the guide and the graphic novel as well as all the movies I like the different take on vamps, and I also like Vampire Diaries (soo gotta get it in DVD lol) I am a self proclaimed Twi-Hard BUT Im Team Rosalie lmao (my friends say Im just as bitchy as her lol)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
StephMarie_Mom
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 3:32 AM
Since you're such a big fan, let me take this opportunity to ask you, what is it that you like so much about this story?

Quoting mamaof2angles:

I happen to like it in this latest installment he (Edward) gets angry and actlually yells at Bella Breaking Dawn part 2 should be interesting I have ALL 5 books the guide and the graphic novel as well as all the movies I like the different take on vamps, and I also like Vampire Diaries (soo gotta get it in DVD lol) I am a self proclaimed Twi-Hard BUT Im Team Rosalie lmao (my friends say Im just as bitchy as her lol)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)