Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

question abt contact

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 9:40 AM
  • 13 Replies
Im seriously considering changing my phone number. If i do, i would not want ds father to have it (main reason i would be changing it) would i have to give him my new number? I currently have sole custody.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 9:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
5BMom
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 9:52 AM
I have 100% legal and physical custody and ex has zero visitation, however I am required to provide him with current numbers and out address at all times. You need to check your agreement or with your attorney.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Chanel5nyc
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:01 AM
You don't have to give him your cell number. But give him your home number so he can reach you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JakesMom712
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:07 AM
I dont want him to have either. Id have no problem giving him my email so he can contact me regarding ds

Quoting Chanel5nyc:

You don't have to give him your cell number. But give him your home number so he can reach you.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JakesMom712
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:09 AM
The custody agreement doesn't say anything about it. Just that i have sole physical and legal custody

Quoting 5BMom:

I have 100% legal and physical custody and ex has zero visitation, however I am required to provide him with current numbers and out address at all times. You need to check your agreement or with your attorney.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sid1083
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:26 AM
2 moms liked this
My understanding is that if the custody agreement doesn't specify methods of contact that need to be provided, the non-custodial parent needs to have at least one way to get a hold of you/the child(ren). Otherwise, a judge could view it as custodial interference, and possible grounds for a forcible change in custody or parenting time. One thing to think about though, is if bd were to ever try to coordinate a visitation with you, how (in)convenient it might be dealing with last minute changes via email only - you may not get the one that says "I can't make it, sorry."
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tyfry7496
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:26 AM
You'd better check with a attorney first. I believe each parent has to have current contact information.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JakesMom712
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:27 AM
Ok thanks.

Quoting sid1083:

My understanding is that if the custody agreement doesn't specify methods of contact that need to be provided, the non-custodial parent needs to have at least one way to get a hold of you/the child(ren). Otherwise, a judge could view it as custodial interference, and possible grounds for a forcible change in custody or parenting time. One thing to think about though, is if bd were to ever try to coordinate a visitation with you, how (in)convenient it might be dealing with last minute changes via email only - you may not get the one that says "I can't make it, sorry."

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
monkeymama0710
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:32 AM
If he has visitation wouldn't you want him to be able to contact you? Does he get your child alone? If want my ex to have it in that case. My ex has no rights period, so I changed my number. If he did, he would definitely have my number.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JakesMom712
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:36 AM
No he doesn't have visitation. Hes more concerned with me then my son, know what i mean?

Its not that i dont want him to have my number, but his wife and girlfriends keep harassing me and its just pathetic

Quoting monkeymama0710:

If he has visitation wouldn't you want him to be able to contact you? Does he get your child alone? If want my ex to have it in that case. My ex has no rights period, so I changed my number. If he did, he would definitely have my number.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
monkeymama0710
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:29 AM
I wouldn't let him have it then. If he doesn't see your child, he doesn't need to contact you. I'd change it abd keep it private.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)