• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tweens and Teens are taking over lol

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:46 AM
  • 19 Replies
Its hard to find good books and movies. It seems like authors are more focused on the tween and teen audience nowadays. Then their books turn into a movie.

Sorry but I can't relate to teenage issues and teenage "love stories".

Anyone agree?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
StephMarie_Mom
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:49 AM
Ha! Yes!

BUMP-BUMP!

That's why I started reading old literature again. I've re-read "I know why the caged bird sings" recently, and I'm re-reading an old clive barker book now.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lindilouwho82
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:51 AM

Read anything by Steinback and Dickens or Douglas Coupland.

In a world of teenie boppers you will feel like an adult again!

Happy reading!

MissTuree
by Bronze Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:55 AM

Jodie Picoult and Stephen King are my fave. King, obviously because I love a good thriller. Picoult though writes all about families, even if it's written in a teenagers perspective for parts of it you see the parents struggles as well which gives you a great all around look at family turmoil. LOVE her.

photogal831
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:58 AM
Lol so true! Hunger games i really got into though...but i think that's cause they didn't focus so much on the love story part of it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
StephMarie_Mom
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:58 AM
Stephen King is awesome. I started to read "Cell" when I was writing a paper on a dystopian future for an english class I was taking. But, I never got to finish it. I need to pick it back up, it was so interesting.

Quoting MissTuree:

Jodie Picoult and Stephen King are my fave. King, obviously because I love a good thriller. Picoult though writes all about families, even if it's written in a teenagers perspective for parts of it you see the parents struggles as well which gives you a great all around look at family turmoil. LOVE her.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
StephMarie_Mom
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 12:02 PM
Ok, I just looked up what "hunger games" is... I don't think I'll be going to see that. I'm not that interested. Anyone here remember "blade runner" or other movies like that from the 80's? That's kinda what this theme for "hunger games" reminds me of... Not that it's a bad thing, "blade runner" is a dope movie. But I think I'll be going to see some other movies later on in the season. I wanna see the new "wrath of the titans" and there's another movie coming out soon I wanna see, don't remember the name though
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Chanel5nyc
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 12:07 PM
I love Stephen King. He has a "sick" mind and I love it. Lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MissTuree
by Bronze Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 12:14 PM

I haven't read that one. Whenever I feel like I read almost all of his books I look back and realize that I just barely made a dent! I have to read him in small doses. Once I start reading one of his books I will NOT put it down until it's finished, which can be bad for my boys because that means no one is doing laundry or cooking dinner! lol

Quoting StephMarie_Mom:

Stephen King is awesome. I started to read "Cell" when I was writing a paper on a dystopian future for an english class I was taking. But, I never got to finish it. I need to pick it back up, it was so interesting.

Quoting MissTuree:

LovinLiv
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 12:26 PM
I very much agree. However I saw a preview for a Nicholas sparks book that's being turned into a movie that I really want to read first, it looked good! But I can't remember the name :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JakesMom712
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 12:30 PM
Im reading a lot of British authors. Marion keyes is my fav
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)