Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

He's threatening me!

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 12:23 PM
  • 17 Replies

My ex husband is threatening to take me to court for not following a court order, which I guess you could say is true because he hasn't seen her in almost a year now. However, he was ordered supervised visitation when they extended my domestic violence injunction against him. It was to be held at his mom's house while she was there. He had 3 visits with her and then threatened his step fathers life and got pretty physical. He was thrown off the property and told never to come back. DD has gone to my in laws house almost daily (SIL was watching her while I work) so they still see her.

The visitation was extended in February of last year and in July, he signed a form stating that he was giving up his parental rights. The reason he did it was not because he wanted to give up his rights but because he figured it would make it to where he didn't have to pay child support. The form distinctly said that I wouldn't seek child support, but the state would. Now that he is working, they are going to start garnishing his paycheck. He In order to file the paperwork with the state, I would;ve had to open a new case, I would have had to pay 500 dollars. That does not include the court costs and etc...He said, if I don't file the paperwork, he will not only quit his job so he doesn't have to pay, but he will take me to court for not following the court order.

Should I be concerned? He did sign the paper, he even put his social, and his driver's license number on it. That is still considered a written contract right? Of course i'm terrified of going back to court becausse I don't want that POS to see her. He's threatened to kill people and I know 3 of the 6 people that he is friends with are actually facing murder charges and the courts never seem to care about that.

by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 12:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hdecker1217
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 12:24 PM
Oh my... I have no idea but good luck! :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
colins_mom
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 12:26 PM
Um... Idk. Bump?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
5BMom
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 12:29 PM
You need a good attorney... Try legal aid if you can't afford one. I would think your violation of the order woukd be a problem since you did not go back to court to have it changed after he was thrown out of his moms house. His ffidnds being murderers have NOTHING to do with his ability to parent in thd courts eyes
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
heartsXstars
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 12:33 PM

I guess I don't see it as a violation because she was still going to where she was ordered to be. He wasn't allowed there. That's not my problem. I did what I was supposed to do. He wanted it changed, he should have done something about it himself, if he really wanted it changed.....

Quoting 5BMom:

You need a good attorney... Try legal aid if you can't afford one. I would think your violation of the order woukd be a problem since you did not go back to court to have it changed after he was thrown out of his moms house. His ffidnds being murderers have NOTHING to do with his ability to parent in thd courts eyes

proudGBmama
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 12:50 PM
2 moms liked this
Honey Wisconsin is a mothers state they try to keep kids with mom unless she obviously can't do it. You may have "violated" a court order but she's there every day he has opportunity to see her he just couldn't keep his butt out of trouble not your fault! Go to court! Msg me where you live I know alot of lawyers in Wisconsin
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SinceresMomma
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 3:12 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
StephMarie_Mom
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 3:19 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KJ_on
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 3:28 PM
Is wi a mothers state for sure

Quoting proudGBmama:

Honey Wisconsin is a mothers state they try to keep kids with mom unless she obviously can't do it. You may have "violated" a court order but she's there every day he has opportunity to see her he just couldn't keep his butt out of trouble not your fault! Go to court! Msg me where you live I know alot of lawyers in Wisconsin

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MicahBoo07
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 3:44 PM
1 mom liked this

If u were still taking the child to where u were ordered to then u have nothing to worry about. Just have the person do a statement for u to take to court stateing that the guy wasn't allowed back on there property at such a date so then the judge will ask the guy why and then it will go from there. Don't be scared to go to court but think of it as a way to keep ur child safe and win it for the child.

LifeCafe42
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 3:50 PM
I agree find a good lawyer!!

Quoting MicahBoo07:

If u were still taking the child to where u were ordered to then u have nothing to worry about. Just have the person do a statement for u to take to court stateing that the guy wasn't allowed back on there property at such a date so then the judge will ask the guy why and then it will go from there. Don't be scared to go to court but think of it as a way to keep ur child safe and win it for the child.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)