Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Meeting a guy and changing looks???

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 4:05 PM
  • 13 Replies
I met a guy on POF. Turns out my mom knows him and he is pretty legit. We have been talking a lot and I will meet him for the first time Tuesday. I have a hair appointment tomorrow and plan on REALLY reworking my style... From just barely above the shoulders to a long pixie cut.

Part of me thinks I should hold off because he may hate it... But the bigger part of me says that if he is that shallow, he isn't even in contention as dating material... Thoughts???
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 4:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LifeCafe42
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 4:11 PM
Do it for yourself not for him
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aj23
by Amanda on Mar. 4, 2012 at 4:12 PM
I wouldn't get a haircut right before a date. I wouldn't worry about him not liking it but you want to look good and sometimes new styles have a learning curve. Something could go wrong or you may have a hard time trying to style it and it might end up a mess.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MicahBoo07
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 4:12 PM
1 mom liked this

Do ur hair how u want it and if u want to change the style then do so..You can see if he notices and if he compliments u on it or not. Either way do u and not care what he will or won't say about it.

CampClan
by Bronze Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:36 PM

If you feel you are ready for a new look then go for it! My STBX always liked my hair long & I have thick frizzy hair! I hate it! So when I decided to leave him I went for a shorter more sophisticated look! And I colored it! I have naturally dark brown almost black hair & went to red- which he hates! He makes fun of my "crunchy" hair now (I have to put product in it to keep it from falling out of a clip when I pull it back). But you know what- I could careless what he thinks! :)

And I am trying to lose weight & dress better so that when our court date comes up in April he can sit there & think "DAMN what did I do!" hahahahahahahahahaha

acastle2
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:40 PM
I think wait just incase something inky happens to your hair and you don't have time to fix it but that's just me
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
heather4511
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:42 PM
Do whatever makes you feel happy and comfortable :) most guys prefer longer hair, but if they are really into you, it won't matter.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ms-superwoman
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:43 PM

Do what makes you feel good. If he doesn't like you because of your hair, hes a loser.

heather4511
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:44 PM
This is also a good point. There have been times I've gone for a big change and I haven't quite worked it out. Then I get self conscious for a while hoping my hair looks ok lol

Quoting acastle2:

I think wait just incase something inky happens to your hair and you don't have time to fix it but that's just me
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MeLuvYou
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 12:46 AM

I have the " I am who I am " attitude. If they don't like me for me then screw them. I would say if you want it done...do it!

StephMarie_Mom
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 12:52 AM
I agree with this. I'm the same way. I also agree with your perspective as well. If he's so shallow that he'd turn you down over a haircut, he's not even worth dating. Good luck! Oh, and have fun! That's most important :)

Quoting MeLuvYou:

I have the " I am who I am " attitude. If they don't like me for me then screw them. I would say if you want it done...do it!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)