Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I HATE HIM!!! And I need help not doing that...

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 5:22 PM
  • 10 Replies

For the sake of my girls I'm trying not to hate my stbxh!!! Every time I find difficulty in my life that I wouldn't be enduring if it wasn't for our separation that fire/anger is just reignited.   I Just want to scream! Sometimes I have trouble with money, I work entirely too much just so I can make ends meet, If I meet a guy it usually never goes anywhere because I do have three kids, I'm TIRED all the time!! And I hate him for all of it.  I need help to make these feelings go away, I don't want to live with that emotion. 

by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 5:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
charleyd68
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 6:10 PM

You need therapy! Your feelings are normal and will go away. But right now your getting hit from all different directions, and he, and what happened with him, is the ONLY constant thing! Therapy will help you not only deal  with those feelings but help you over come the ending of that relationship! As for new guys, the right one wont care about your pass, and want the kids and YOU! Your okay,good luck!

mommynac
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 8:32 PM

Quoting charleyd68:

You need therapy! Your feelings are normal and will go away. But right now your getting hit from all different directions, and he, and what happened with him, is the ONLY constant thing! Therapy will help you not only deal  with those feelings but help you over come the ending of that relationship! As for new guys, the right one wont care about your pass, and want the kids and YOU! Your okay,good luck!

Agreed.

mysty923
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 8:45 PM

agree with the others

You really need to talk it out - the hatred may never go away - but the anger will with help

DaGoodLife
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 9:36 PM

Thanks a bunch. I'll look into it

grneyedormom
by Kendra on Mar. 4, 2012 at 9:39 PM

Definitely consider therapy. And know that the feelings are doing to dissipate quickly. It will take time, and that's ok, however, eventually you can hope that you'll be able to co-parent, or be able to have an amicable conversation with him in the future. It took me around 2 1/2 years to be able to have a conversation with my ex that didn't end in my being livid. Things got better a thousandfold when he divorced the thing he married after we got divorced and it's been smooth sailing since then. For some people, time is a good healer.

Proud Momma to one terrific 3rd grader.

wearing crowngirl giving flower

camommy08
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:44 PM
1 mom liked this

Sounds to me that you need to talk to someone about this anger. I understnad that whole well if he didnt leave me I wouldn't be delaing with this but than you have to find the good. I am contastly trying to find the good in my life. Like how I get my tax return and I totally am like excited cause I'm going to be paying off some debt. I than think omigosh if I was still with my ex who knows what kind of job I would or wouln't have. I wouldn't be able to pay off my debt buy what Ive been able to buy and do the things Ive done. Like take Scarlett to parks/chuck e cheese/ etc with my friends who have kids scarlett age. Maybe you should try and find things like that and not focus on how you life could wold of should of been like

heather4511
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:47 PM
Yes, therapy! It helps a bunch. I know its hard, but try to think of the positives that came out of everything. Good luck :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LifeCafe42
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:50 PM
I agree! Talking to a neutral person really helps you can get out some of your anger and learn good coping skills
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Beans_Mommy_08
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 2:44 AM
Therapy and mommy time. You have to make time for yourself doing something that makes you happy, like a hot bath after the kids are in bed, you have to dig deep and find the silver lining no matter how hard it may seem.
cadeesmommy0120
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 9:11 AM

I agree that you should consider therapy...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)