• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If it isn't in the custody agreement does that mean you can't do it?

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 5:49 PM
  • 5 Replies

My ex husband has supervised visits with our 2 & 3 year old.  He has not seen them in 2 years.  He moved to Wisconsin (we live in South Texas) and uses where he lives as an excuse.  It was his choice to move there to be with an ex gf & I guess she dumped him cause he tried to get back with me a few months ago. Anyway - He wants to keep our sons for the summer, but I won't let him because they don't know him.  I told him joint custody seems nice and he texted back saying "idk we had joint custody, lol". Basically he doesn't care. Hes only mad he has to pay child spt. He tried to get out of child spt like he did when we were married, but the State of Texas found him and are taking it out of his check. This was the inside story, but my question is the title.

by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 5:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
aj23
by Amanda on Mar. 4, 2012 at 6:02 PM
2 moms liked this

If you both agree then you can do what you want, if you don't agree then the custody agreement has the final say and if its not in there the parent with primary custody has the say so until the agreement is changed.

mrsary
by Gold Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 6:15 PM

Ok. Thanks for the info!!

Quoting aj23:

If you both agree then you can do what you want, if you don't agree then the custody agreement has the final say and if its not in there the parent with primay custody has the say so until the agreement is changed.

StrongerAlone
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 6:58 PM
Just about all custody orders have an "or as agreed upon" stipulation. Pretty much your orders are the minimal that had to be abided by. If the two of you want to deviate slightly, as long as you both agree it is fine and legal.
Like ours state he gets them for 2 Weeks in the summer, they come home for one week and then he gets them for another 2. They just go to him for one whole mth.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cadeesmommy0120
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 10:48 AM

Quoting aj23:

If you both agree then you can do what you want, if you don't agree then the custody agreement has the final say and if its not in there the parent with primay custody has the say so until the agreement is changed.

jennc1977
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 12:43 PM
1 mom liked this

You can decide between you two to change visits. Just a piece of advice, always keep your lawyer in the loop and always have it in writing. may sure he has a list of stipulations and signs he agrees to them.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)