• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

online dating

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 6:50 PM
  • 14 Replies

I honestly have no way to meet anyone, I get up at 6 am get the kids to daycare by 7 am go to work at 8 am (its ALL women there except 1 person who is married) We are not allowed to "fratranize" romanticly with people that come in. I leave there at 5 get my kids come home and make dinner ......really when am i suppose to meet someone?

So i tried online dating but it seems like you have to pay a arm and a leg to get good service! I tried POF.com and just met users........

I dont have many friends at all where i live and I hate not having people I  can talk to or have play dates and hang out with....I miss being wanted and having someone....

Has anyone tried online dating? What site and was it really exspensive?

I have twins and they are young so i know that makes it so much harder. And when it comes to friends none of my friends really want to hang out with us cause they dont have kids or they are always with there husbands

by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 6:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
iluvmybabe
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 6:55 PM

i've had decent luck with POF. i"ve tried zoosk before but i dont remeber the price. i know what you mean though. if a person can never get out, how can they meet someone? does any of your friends/family know someone who knows someone? word of mouth sometimes can work too.

thatonemomof2
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 6:59 PM
I tried pof.. Actually my current dude I met off pof and he is just awesome <3 but before him I went on a few dates with guys who wernt what call winners :D meetings guys offline just takes time and weeding out the not so disirable ones lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
twinsforlove
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 7:03 PM

Quoting iluvmybabe:

i've had decent luck with POF. i"ve tried zoosk before but i dont remeber the price. i know what you mean though. if a person can never get out, how can they meet someone? does any of your friends/family know someone who knows someone? word of mouth sometimes can work too.

To be honest I have no one here.....I dont really have friends (my only real friend is a druggy and dating my x so not sure how "real" that makes her) and its just me and my kids.....

StephMarie_Mom
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 7:22 PM
1 mom liked this
Try looking for single parents play groups in your area. If you google your city/county and "single parent play groups", something should pop up. In doing that, you should be able to find a new circle of friends w/similar lifestyles and interest. And it can also lead to other opportunities. Good luck!

I've never done online dating, so I can't help with that. But here I've been seeing an advert for a site called itsjustlunch.com it's a dating site for busy professionals. There's another one I've seen called tableforsix.com where you and a 2 other women meet 3 men for dinner or lunch, like a triple blind date and you just hang out with the people and see who you click with. Might be a good way to meet new friends and/or a new guy to date. I haven tried either, but they both sound kinda cool to me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommyofJustin
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 7:50 PM

I had somewhat good luck with POF I probably went out with 10 and I met TWO REALLY GREAT guys that I actually dated for awhile... just have to weed them out!

sandie66
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 8:04 PM

I met my husband on Love@AOL 12 years ago and we were together for almost 8 years. Now I haven't been with anyone in almost 3 years. I don't know how to meet anyone and even though I am on a few date sites, I truly find most of the men who are on there really gross for some reason. Don't know why, but I just do. And I  guess after being cheated on and left for that tramp, I just don't know if I really want to meet someone or not. Even the 2 boyfriends I had after the divorce were losers with a capital L and I didn't meet either of them over the internet. I think I would like to have a boyfriend (and GOD knows my daughter bugs the shit out of me to get one) I just don't know how to meet someone. And it doesn't help that I am one of the shyest people ever and would definitely NEVER walk up to a dude and start talking. I was told by a friend that at my age if I don't walk up to someone and start talking neither will he. I  guess they get to a certain age too and expect us to make the first move.

iluvmybabe
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 9:45 PM

yeah your situation does seem pretty limited. i'm sorry you are going through this. i guess all you can do is have faith that things will work out, think positive thoughts, and keepon keepin on. i hope you meet someone great soon!

Quoting twinsforlove:

Quoting iluvmybabe:

To be honest I have no one here.....I dont really have friends (my only real friend is a druggy and dating my x so not sure how "real" that makes her) and its just me and my kids.....

caytismom
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:09 PM

try a church's singles group.  I was on POF, but all I got was 80 yr old men with no teeth or dudes that had pics from the 80's and 200 lbs ago, or men that thought they were holier than thou yet didn't work.  I met my BF now through an old co-worker's husband.  One of those a friend of a friend of a friend.  I know the feeling.  I would panic thinking how in the world would I ever meet anyone working fulltime and my daughter keeps me so dman busy.  Not to mention who would want to deal with all the issues my daughter has.  TI kills me that when a man walks out on his family, he has all this time to hook up with so many freaking other women, and tell us we need to move on.  HOW THE HELL ARE WE SUPPOSED TO DO THAT WHEN WE ARE THE ONES TAKING CARE OF OUR CHILDREN AND KEEPING A ROOF OVER THEIR HEAD ON OUR OWN????  Not to mention how my ex even hooked that damn homewrecker he got.  He is fat and bald and butt ugly,  we had hair when we met and was fit, 15 yrs later I look at him and wonder what the hell happened.  But npw people can wonder what the hell SHE was thinking hooking up and marrying such a loser.  ONCE A CHEATER ALWAYS A CHEATER

MeLuvYou
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 12:41 AM

I used POF and I met two guys...They were not keepers....I gave up for a while. Then I tried Match.com within the first few hours I met a amazing man. He took me out to dinner last night for my birthday. He is amazing. It's like $20 a month!

cadeesmommy0120
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 9:30 AM

I've never done online dating...I met my SO at work. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)