Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sex Offenders

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 9:22 PM
  • 7 Replies
I'm watching True Life on MTV about these two guys who are registered sex offenders. I feel sorry for them. Because in my opinion they are not sex offenders. They had sex with girls a few years younger than them.

If parents are going to call the cops on 17-18 year old guys that sleep with their 14-16 year old daughters then they should change the school system.

Maybe they should divide high school. One school for 9th and 10th graders and another school for 11th and 12th graders.

I don't know. Lol. Any opinions on sex offenders who have sex with people 1-4 years younger than them?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 9:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
tyfry7496
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 9:27 PM
Depends on the situation. I do not think they should be labeled sex offenders and have their lives ruined, as long as its consensual.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
acastle2
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 9:28 PM
Yes I do have an opinion I agree with you. I have a friend who has to register bc the girls parents knew what they were doing and was ok with it until they split up and then the parents decided to call on him. I am pissed and avoid those type of people who destroy lives bc their daughters or sons virtue is no longer there.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
StephMarie_Mom
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 9:31 PM
I agree with this...

The sad thing is, they're not as strict/hard on rapist and pedophiles in the penal system or courts. They really need to make stricter laws against those particular sex offenders. I don't get how they receive a few years and then probation, while a drug dealer or armed robber receives harsher punishments. Seems pretty messed up to me

Quoting tyfry7496:

Depends on the situation. I do not think they should be labeled sex offenders and have their lives ruined, as long as its consensual.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
muwchck
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 9:31 PM

I was lucky growing up.  I actually dated a guy my senior year who was 3 years younger than me.  It was fine at first, but when we decided to start sleeping together (he was my first and I his) I was already 18.  Honestly, I think if it's consensual, then it shouldn't matter.  

Chanel5nyc
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 9:39 PM
That's what happened to one of the guys. He was in a serious relationship with the girl, he broke up with her, then they called the cops.

Quoting acastle2:

Yes I do have an opinion I agree with you. I have a friend who has to register bc the girls parents knew what they were doing and was ok with it until they split up and then the parents decided to call on him. I am pissed and avoid those type of people who destroy lives bc their daughters or sons virtue is no longer there.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
acastle2
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 9:43 PM
Ya I've seen it it irks me and I hope karma bites them good

Quoting Chanel5nyc:

That's what happened to one of the guys. He was in a serious relationship with the girl, he broke up with her, then they called the cops.

Quoting acastle2:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
xpectingmama10
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 9:44 PM
I agree I slept with my first long term bf when I was 18 and he was 16 his dad was chief of police he didnt care because we were committed. It wasnt rape. We were together for a year.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)