Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

do you shop at walmart... if so MY ex doesnt think your a good enough mother....

Posted by on Mar. 9, 2012 at 12:31 PM
  • 290 Replies
4 moms liked this

Ok so yesterday I tried to speak with my ex about picking up my kids on saturday. he has them bc its their spring break and I wanted to have them for a few hours.... no big deal but he turned it into some huge favor likes hes the greastest thing in fucking world...... anywho after being a dick and me hanging up on him he calls back a few hours later and is nice. we have brief convo and its civil. Afer that he flips a 180 and starts bitching me out...

he actually had the nerve to tell me that I couldnt buy my son shoes from walmart because they were junk!!!! And if I was a good mother id go buy some shoes from stride rite....because apparently walmart isnt good enough(oh and he says all this in frount of our 4 year old daughter too...great parenting huh?) He literally went on and on and on about this for 15min and I was floored. He expects me to go buy so 40$ shoes because HE said so. And Im not supposed to go get my nails done because I need to spend that money on buying better shoes for my son. ( i didnt pay for my nails fyi)  WTF!!!! does anyone else have an idiotic ex like this who still thinks he can control what you spend your money on???? if so please  help bc im so angry right now I just dont even know what to do

by on Mar. 9, 2012 at 12:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MeeshMom
by Platinum Member on Mar. 9, 2012 at 12:34 PM
46 moms liked this
You should've told him he can pay for the shoes. What a d-bag
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Caleighsmommy
by on Mar. 9, 2012 at 12:41 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting MeeshMom:

I did...he says he doesnt have enoguh money to pay for kids in two houses.....well thats because he doesnt work

brieri
by Platinum Member on Mar. 9, 2012 at 12:48 PM
4 moms liked this

next time walk away.  No need to listen to his c......

MeeshMom
by Platinum Member on Mar. 9, 2012 at 12:50 PM
12 moms liked this
Then tell the pos to get off his ass ad get a job. What a shitty dad to not work and buy $40 shoes for his kids!

Quoting Caleighsmommy:

Quoting MeeshMom:

I did...he says he doesnt have enoguh money to pay for kids in two houses.....well thats because he doesnt work

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SinceresMomma
by on Mar. 9, 2012 at 2:32 PM
2 moms liked this
Well I agree he should step up and buy stuff for your son if wants to complain but some of Walmart stuff is junk and looks pretty cheap but you could still look nice. I don't really shop there for clothes anyways but baby stuff I don't mind.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Shaken1976
by on Mar. 9, 2012 at 2:50 PM
11 moms liked this

I buy my kid's shoes at Stride Rite all the time.  I find them on super sale.  I got her a really nice pair for $12.  You just really have to look.  Not saying anything is wrong with Wal-Mart shoes.  Just if you bargain shop you can find high quality shoes for lower prices than Wal-Mart.

LifeCafe42
by Nora on Mar. 9, 2012 at 4:02 PM
13 moms liked this
My childsfeet grow so quickly he doesn't haave time to wear out his shoes if he wants expensive name brands let him buy them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cadeesmommy0120
by on Mar. 9, 2012 at 4:32 PM
11 moms liked this

I don't spend more than $20 on DD's shoes because her feet grow so damn fast.  Tell him to screw off...

NananRaysmom
by Bronze Member on Mar. 9, 2012 at 4:35 PM
2 moms liked this
Who doesn't shop at wal mart? My kids are too hard on clothes and shoes to get them there. Plus...I don't like the styles. But..if you do so what? He can buy his shoes if he doesn't like what you provide.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ms-superwoman
by on Mar. 9, 2012 at 4:47 PM
My BD is like that! Thinks a two year old needs $80 shoes but doesn't want to by them or pay his CS. He'd rather spend money on his gf. Bunch of d-bags!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN