Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

do you shop at walmart... if so MY ex doesnt think your a good enough mother....

Posted by   + Show Post

Ok so yesterday I tried to speak with my ex about picking up my kids on saturday. he has them bc its their spring break and I wanted to have them for a few hours.... no big deal but he turned it into some huge favor likes hes the greastest thing in fucking world...... anywho after being a dick and me hanging up on him he calls back a few hours later and is nice. we have brief convo and its civil. Afer that he flips a 180 and starts bitching me out...

he actually had the nerve to tell me that I couldnt buy my son shoes from walmart because they were junk!!!! And if I was a good mother id go buy some shoes from stride rite....because apparently walmart isnt good enough(oh and he says all this in frount of our 4 year old daughter too...great parenting huh?) He literally went on and on and on about this for 15min and I was floored. He expects me to go buy so 40$ shoes because HE said so. And Im not supposed to go get my nails done because I need to spend that money on buying better shoes for my son. ( i didnt pay for my nails fyi)  WTF!!!! does anyone else have an idiotic ex like this who still thinks he can control what you spend your money on???? if so please  help bc im so angry right now I just dont even know what to do

by on Mar. 9, 2012 at 12:31 PM
Replies (31-40):
MamasaurusPrime
by on Mar. 12, 2012 at 8:37 AM

It's absolutely unnecessary to fork out over $25 for a pair of children's shoes.

I shop at Wal Mart, and guess what my "higher up" is? Payless Shoe Source. I also have an SPC card that gives me a 10% discount off SALE and REGULAR prices. Woop, woop!

bcauseimthemom
by on Mar. 12, 2012 at 8:38 AM
1 mom liked this

Why not tell him that he has such great ideas that he is more than welcome to take both your children to buy them new shoes and clothes that meet his standards?

JACKASS.

sandie66
by on Mar. 12, 2012 at 8:43 AM

Tell him he can buy whatever shoes he wants for his house, but in your house, you will buy what you want. My daughter is a shoe whore and has like 10 pairs of shoes. And every week she wants another pair. If I bought her nothing but expensive shoes all the time, she's starve to death. Besides I don't know anyone who would constantly buy expensive shoes when the kid's foot is always growing!!!!

MamasaurusPrime
by on Mar. 12, 2012 at 8:47 AM

Yeah, even if you sell them, you're selling them for about 50% or less of the original price you paid for, unless they were really only worn once, which I would sell them for 80%. Say, a pair of $80 baby Nikes, I would sell for $60.

But for the price of Wal Mart shoes, I can pretty much afford to buy TWO pairs every other month.

The most I will pay for is $40 which I don't even pay at Payless with my SPC card. I usually get them from $37/$38.

Quoting sandie66:

Tell him he can buy whatever shoes he wants for his house, but in your house, you will buy what you want. My daughter is a shoe whore and has like 10 pairs of shoes. And every week she wants another pair. If I bought her nothing but expensive shoes all the time, she's starve to death. Besides I don't know anyone who would constantly buy expensive shoes when the kid's foot is always growing!!!!

Joyce23
by on Mar. 12, 2012 at 8:49 AM
next time walk away.

unspecified42
by on Mar. 12, 2012 at 8:55 AM

Awesome! Sounds to me like he is signing himselfup to buy him shoes! I'd tell him the shoe size and lethim go for it.

KrissyMama88
by on Mar. 12, 2012 at 9:01 AM
im one of the lucky ones who the bd completely walked out of our lives when i left his ass...i dont buy clothes from walmart usually...i shop at goodwill
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
owl0210
by on Mar. 12, 2012 at 9:21 AM
I buy shoes from Stride Rite because of the quality. However, I will buy the Garanimals line clothes for daycare.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mantyangel
by on Mar. 12, 2012 at 10:37 AM
1 mom liked this

I would tell him that in the future if he doesn't like something you have purchased for the children he is more than welcome to purchase something else for them.  If he doesn't have the money then he should just keep his mouth shut.  If they have food, clothing and shelter he has no right to complain.

aj23
by Amanda on Mar. 12, 2012 at 10:56 AM
1 mom liked this

I have the opposite problem with my sons dad. He only wants to buy clothes from Walmart and Kmart.
He will buy something there and sending it back home with our son and get upset when I tell him I've had to replace it already. I have no problem with the stores and I'm all about saving money but our son grows so slowly and stays in one size for so long that clothes from there just don't last. 
Right before school started his dad bought a pair of shoes from Walmart and I bought a pair of Nike from Kohls. I actually paid $5 less than he did and now (6 months later) the Walmart shoes are starting to fall apart. Most of the cheaper clothes don't even make it through one season with my kid.
Thankfully after 5 years he's learned that I'm pretty frugal so I'm not buying stuff for the name brand but for the quality. Ive never told him not to buy something though, he can buy what he wants but I don't want to hear him whine when I tell him something had to be tossed out.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)