Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

child support?

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2012 at 11:42 PM
  • 10 Replies
How long does it take to find things out when it comes to going through the state? I filed back in feb. I think like a week before march. And I called maybe 2 to 3 weeks ago and they said it has made it to MI and they were in the process to send it to Wayne county. So then how long should it take to get to the county and get a court date so that he gets the papers? Do they hand deliever the papers as well? And do they wait for the court date or no? Sorry for all the questions. When I call and ask they tend to give me a little run around and they say I can't call MI and get information on this. So does anyone have any info?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 3, 2012 at 11:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jamaz46
by on Apr. 3, 2012 at 11:51 PM
Wow. Thats taking awhile. Well with us it was different. I went through my lawyer. I do know yes they hand delivered the papers. And in my state yes you have to wait before you can start getting cs until after the court date. Im sorry sounds like youve got awhile yet
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KailesMommy
by on Apr. 4, 2012 at 12:06 AM
Well I know I can't get child support til the court date. But I didn't know if he would get the papers before they get a court date or if he would before. I don't have the money for a lawyer so hopefully I don't need one even thou they are always helpful. I know they are not doing visit and child support only child support.

Quoting Jamaz46:

Wow. Thats taking awhile. Well with us it was different. I went through my lawyer. I do know yes they hand delivered the papers. And in my state yes you have to wait before you can start getting cs until after the court date. Im sorry sounds like youve got awhile yet
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aj23
by Amanda on Apr. 4, 2012 at 12:08 AM
When I filed for child support he took his time taking the dna test but it was only about 6 weeks from the time I filed til I got the paper in the mail saying everything was done and had the date they were going to start taking it from his check.

They mailed the papers to my sons dad and we had appointments at the support office before court (to fill out paperwork). Neither one of us had to go to court but the judge had to sign the papers before they could collect anything.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KailesMommy
by on Apr. 4, 2012 at 12:11 AM
I hope mine is that easy. Lol but ur in tn was he in tn? I think it would be easy if we were in the same state but idk. Lol

Quoting aj23:

When I filed for child support he took his time taking the dna test but it was only about 6 weeks from the time I filed til I got the paper in the mail saying everything was done and had the date they were going to start taking it from his check.

They mailed the papers to my sons dad and we had appointments at the support office before court (to fill out paperwork). Neither one of us had to go to court but the judge had to sign the papers before they could collect anything.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aj23
by Amanda on Apr. 4, 2012 at 12:15 AM
He lived in Kentucky at the time.

Even when I lived on Georgia and he lived in Tennessee I never had a problem with the state process. I've had some problems with his employers before but that's it.

Quoting KailesMommy:

I hope mine is that easy. Lol but ur in tn was he in tn? I think it would be easy if we were in the same state but idk. Lol

Quoting aj23:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
moosesmom
by Silver Member on Apr. 4, 2012 at 12:19 AM

You can't call and get info on your own case?? That's weird.

KailesMommy
by on Apr. 4, 2012 at 12:40 PM
Yea they said I can't call MI because that's not my state anymore. But I'm tempted to call them anyway.

Quoting moosesmom:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
moosesmom
by Silver Member on Apr. 4, 2012 at 1:06 PM

CALL

Quoting KailesMommy:

Yea they said I can't call MI because that's not my state anymore. But I'm tempted to call them anyway.

Quoting moosesmom:

aj23
by Amanda on Apr. 4, 2012 at 1:29 PM

They may not be able to give you any information. Since your case started in TN they have all the info and MI is only doing the foot work by getting the papers to them. Until they are actually involved in the case there's probably very little that they even know.

Quoting KailesMommy:

Quoting moosesmom:

KailesMommy
by on Apr. 5, 2012 at 10:23 PM
What do u mean until they are actually involved? MI did take the papers that were sent and the state office has now sent them to the county office that would do it and I was told by tn that they might be waiting for a court date. And then told me I wouldn't be notified til after the court date. I asked how the court would work and they said that TN would be present by phone so I said I want to as well. They said I don't need to be. But its for my own health and strength. Its a mental thing to make sure of things. Why can't I do that when its about my daughter? I promise to duck tape my mouth just in case. Lol

Quoting aj23:

They may not be able to give you any information. Since your case started in TN they have all the info and MI is only doing the foot work by getting the papers to them. Until they are actually involved in the case there's probably very little that they even know.

Quoting KailesMommy:

Quoting moosesmom:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)