Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Are my kids ready for a theme park with me as the only adult?

Posted by on Apr. 7, 2012 at 12:13 PM
  • 14 Replies

My children are 2,4, and 7. We go to SeaWorld every year, but I am wondering if they are ready for a theme park such as Six Flags. I will be the only adult taking them.  i know my 7 yr old is ready, but I am unsure of her brothers. At SeaWorld last year they were like babies. Hopefully this years SeaWorld trip will be better!

by on Apr. 7, 2012 at 12:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tyfry7496
by Janet on Apr. 7, 2012 at 12:18 PM
2 moms liked this
Depends on how many kiddie rides there are. I'd bring another adult in case the older one wants to go on rides the younger ones can't.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Chanel5nyc
by Shanell on Apr. 7, 2012 at 12:19 PM
Agree.

Quoting tyfry7496:

Depends on how many kiddie rides there are. I'd bring another adult in case the older one wants to go on rides the younger ones can't.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CampClan
by Bronze Member on Apr. 7, 2012 at 3:24 PM

At least it's 3 & not 5! I would have to worry about whether or not my teen would be checking his phone for missed calls from me wondering where he is (I would let him go off on his own he is that responsible), my 2 preteen girls would probably fight the whole time. My soon ot be 9 year old would get tired & want to go home. And my soon to be 3 year old.... well we all know how 3 year olds are! lol

brieri
by Platinum Member on Apr. 7, 2012 at 4:31 PM

Going to a Six Flags amusement is best left to be with older kids.  Not much for young ones to go on. 

Caceilia
by on Apr. 7, 2012 at 5:29 PM
1 mom liked this

I feel the same way. There are so many things I wanna do with my son, hes 8, but I dont feel 100% comfortable with it just being the two of us. God forbid something were to happen I would want another adult there to help. In your case with 3 kids being so young and still being so dependant on you, I think I would wait, or try and get another adult to go with you. Or maybe pick a place thats more kid friendly for the younger ones as well.

MeeshMom
by Platinum Member on Apr. 7, 2012 at 5:58 PM
Sea world sd? The questions isn't if they're ready it's if you're ready lol. I went with my one a few months ago and that was a long work and wore him out. He's 4.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ammolove
by on Apr. 7, 2012 at 6:01 PM

That is not true, I took my two there when they were 3,4 yrs old and they had a blast!

Quoting brieri:

Going to a Six Flags amusement is best left to be with older kids.  Not much for young ones to go on. 

cupcake_mom
by on Apr. 7, 2012 at 6:27 PM

double stroller!

mrsary
by Silver Member on Apr. 7, 2012 at 6:48 PM

yes. we go to SeaWorld once a year, because it is free (military gets one free trip per year). lol. SeaWorld is kid friendly though. We LOVE the pools & shows.

Quoting MeeshMom:

Sea world sd? The questions isn't if they're ready it's if you're ready lol. I went with my one a few months ago and that was a long work and wore him out. He's 4.

mrsary
by Silver Member on Apr. 7, 2012 at 6:49 PM

Exactly!!! I will prob stick with SeaWorld for now. lol.

Quoting Caceilia:

I feel the same way. There are so many things I wanna do with my son, hes 8, but I dont feel 100% comfortable with it just being the two of us. God forbid something were to happen I would want another adult there to help. In your case with 3 kids being so young and still being so dependant on you, I think I would wait, or try and get another adult to go with you. Or maybe pick a place thats more kid friendly for the younger ones as well.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)