Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Lost, Single, pregnent and 19

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2012 at 10:52 AM
  • 82 Replies
13 weeks pregnent, with my first child. Single and no chances of reconcile with the father. He Is bipolar, unfaithful and emotionally abusive. Mom thinks I should have an abortion, infact she is extremely adamant about it. She will support me if I do have the child but she thinks it would be a huge mistake. I also think that it would be a huge mistake... But I keep avoiding the idea of abortion. I don't want to do adoption becuase if I have the baby I'll be a great mommy. I just can't seem to wrap my head around why I can't decide to keep the child.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 8, 2012 at 10:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Chanel5nyc
by Shanell on Apr. 8, 2012 at 10:56 AM
1 mom liked this
Maybe you need to see a counselor in a clinic.

Do more research before making a choice.

Good luck.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Pita_Dragonfly
by on Apr. 8, 2012 at 10:56 AM
1 mom liked this

Your an adult. 

Apply for assistance and live on your own. Yo  just  said you will be a great  mom.

Ask on freecycle to get things .

2007mommy2be
by on Apr. 8, 2012 at 10:59 AM
3 moms liked this
I hate when people use mental illness as an excuse, unless its very uncontrolled. The other reasons are valid and Id stay away from him for those reasons. If u know u will be a great mom and ur mom is supportive (cuz u will need support from somewhere) then go for it. A child is a blessing and when u see that baby and get to know that baby u will be so glad. Its a love u can never know until u have it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Holztastic
by on Apr. 8, 2012 at 10:59 AM
1 mom liked this

pregnant*

2007mommy2be
by on Apr. 8, 2012 at 11:00 AM
1 mom liked this
Btw is spelled pregnant. Just an fyi dear.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Luv.My.Kidz
by on Apr. 8, 2012 at 11:02 AM

There are some mental illnesses that people can't deal with.... you may hate it... but it's a fact. Get off her damn back....

Quoting 2007mommy2be:

I hate when people use mental illness as an excuse, unless its very uncontrolled. The other reasons are valid and Id stay away from him for those reasons. If u know u will be a great mom and ur mom is supportive (cuz u will need support from somewhere) then go for it. A child is a blessing and when u see that baby and get to know that baby u will be so glad. Its a love u can never know until u have it.

Luv.My.Kidz
by on Apr. 8, 2012 at 11:04 AM
2 moms liked this

My parents were extremely adamant about me having an abortion with my oldest son when I was 18.... I refused.... I now have an 11 yr old and 6 yr old.... both boys. It's a struggle, but I'm glad I made the decision I did not to abort....

I agree with Chanel, talk to a counselor about your fears, etc. There are awesome programs that can and will help you.... WIC, Welfare Dept (even if you don't qualify they can give you places that can help get you things) and so many more.

Chanel5nyc
by Shanell on Apr. 8, 2012 at 11:06 AM
1 mom liked this
Just because she thinks will be a great mom doesn't mean she will. And just because she sees the baby doesn't mean she will be glad. That's why she needs to talk to a experienced counselor because she still seem confused.

Quoting 2007mommy2be:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
quickbooksworm
by Bronze Member on Apr. 8, 2012 at 11:07 AM
1 mom liked this
Many people don't see that their illness is something that needs to be controlled or requires medication. Some blame everyone else and just never see that they have a problem. That is not an environment a child should be raised in.

Quoting 2007mommy2be:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MominCa
by Member on Apr. 8, 2012 at 11:07 AM
1 mom liked this

you have to do what you feel is right. nobody can tell you what to do. I am not going to sugar coat it and tell you being a single mom is easy. but I have always been a single mom and would not trade my baby for the world.  what ever you decided to do just remember this is your choice no body else.  good luck

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN