Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I hate being a single parent!

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2012 at 8:09 PM
  • 8 Replies

Hello everyone...I just have to express how I feel right now. I hate being a single parent. I hate feeling so differerent than people at work, in my family, etc. etc. I know God has dealt me this hand ...but I just hate it!!! I've been a single parent for 17 years!!! I've been married twice and screwed up by marrying a bad guy the second time and now I have a daughter to raise on my own. I'm just so sad right now!!!! I'm lonely and tired...I'm disappointment and I'm mad at how things have turned out! I know it's up to me to make the best of every situation but I'm tired of being positive and tired of being a single parent!!!!! Does anyone understand how I feel right now???

by on Apr. 8, 2012 at 8:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
2007mommy2be
by on Apr. 8, 2012 at 8:12 PM
1 mom liked this

I can "briefly" relate. I have been overwhelmed for moments in a day, but never for long periods of time. I'd say a few minutes. All it took was for me to see my babies faces and for me to remember how it was when dh was around and the trouble and chaos it was, then I thank my lucky stars that I have and are a single parent.

momndad68
by on Apr. 8, 2012 at 8:16 PM

I'm happy for the most part. My kids are wonderful. I just hate when I feel so out of place. I'm always the only one who is single with kids. I hate that feeling of being so different. I just feel so sad that I've hurt my kids for not having a normal family with a Dad. It's not so bad for my son because he's father is around. It's my 6 year old daughter that makes it's so difficult. Her father is in prison. She's never met him and I don't think he'll ever change so she can meet him. I feel sometimes that I have failed in so many ways.

MicahBoo07
by Bronze Member on Apr. 8, 2012 at 8:18 PM

I have my lonely moments but then when I am gone from my children for 2-3 days a week I get sad and lonely. I don't need a man to make me feel complete. I had a bad/rude guy and once he was gone I was happy again so now I love that its just my kids and I. At times it would be nice to have someone else around so I could breath a little more but I like how things are right now and until a real trust worthy man comes along I am fine.

2007mommy2be
by on Apr. 8, 2012 at 8:19 PM

U cant be or take responsibility for those mens actions. I dont. My dh aka stbx is in prison. he is the father of my first two. I am preggo with my 3rd from an ex bf. I ended it with dh almost 2 yrs ago. ex bf and I broke up last Oct, but dated til this year. I am so glad its over.

And anyways ... be the best mother u can be. If u need help, please seek it. I am not saying u would hurt ur kids, but u need to make sure u are takin care of as well, so that ur kids can be. D ou have support? Friends? Fam? U can even seek professional support. U know what would help with ur dd? From what I have seen? Parenting classes. It doesnt mean ur a bad parent. It means that u care enough to get as much education u can to help raise an emotionally healthy child.

momndad68
by on Apr. 8, 2012 at 8:29 PM

I have a very loving stable home for my kids. It just always during a holiday the reality sets in with family. I'm the only one with kids and single. My brothers are perfect. I was at one brothers home today and his wife's perfect family was there too. I just always feel so inadequate and sad when I'm at his perfect home with the perfect everything. It just makes me feel like I have not lived up to the expectations. I know it sounds stupid but I just feel that way during holidays. It's every single holiday and I get this way. I problem should get some counceling to deal with this crap.

2007mommy2be
by on Apr. 8, 2012 at 8:41 PM

Oh no mama ... I totally get u! Ur feelings are valid. Just find joy in the fact that u have done a good job all by urself and that u are patient for the right man. Are u spiritual?

LifeCafe42
by Nora on Apr. 8, 2012 at 9:23 PM
1 mom liked this
Hugs mama I have my moments too we are here for you
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kcook55
by on Apr. 8, 2012 at 9:25 PM

hugs i think we all have our moments

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)