Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

oooops! (kinda funny in a silly way)

Posted by on Apr. 11, 2012 at 8:45 PM
  • 18 Replies
So as some of you know, I don't have cable so I always use my netflix. Anyway, I netflixed this movie based on the description. It sounded interesting, it's called "hula girls" and it's about these girls who leave japan for hawaii to become hula dancers to support their families when a local coal mine closes.

Well, I got the movie in the mail today and it thought, "yay! I can finally watch this!" Well, it's all in japanese! Lmfao it's subtitled which is good, but I didn't realize it was in japanese haha I watch subtitled/foreign films often, but I'm usually expecting them to be subtitled. I guess I should've paid attention to what I was reading. I'm not disappointed at all though. So far this is a good movie and I really like the story of this one girl in particular. She desperately wants to help her family survive and begs her best friend to go with her. It's so sweet! They're more like sisters and they meet a new girl who's tall like a basketball player who's raised her single father (her mom was gone).

Anyway, I'm just rambling now... Trying to distract myself from stress.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 11, 2012 at 8:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Chanel5nyc
by Shanell on Apr. 11, 2012 at 8:51 PM
Sounds interesting. Might check it out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
StephMarie_Mom
by on Apr. 11, 2012 at 8:57 PM
It is! There's some funny ass scenes, too. And some good dancing, too! I love dance

Quoting Chanel5nyc:

Sounds interesting. Might check it out.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
StephMarie_Mom
by on Apr. 11, 2012 at 10:25 PM
1 mom liked this
So as I'm watching this movie and the girls are giving their big performance, one of the ladies is a single mommy and her son is in the audience w/his granny and shouts, "that's my mommy up there!!" Haha and his mama says, "damn right!" Lmfao just had to share that w/anyone who'll read this, I thought it was sweet and funny
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SinceresMomma
by on Apr. 11, 2012 at 11:21 PM
Awww sounds like a good movie, but I can't stand reading subtitles through a whole movie :-(

Quoting StephMarie_Mom:

So as I'm watching this movie and the girls are giving their big performance, one of the ladies is a single mommy and her son is in the audience w/his granny and shouts, "that's my mommy up there!!" Haha and his mama says, "damn right!" Lmfao just had to share that w/anyone who'll read this, I thought it was sweet and funny

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
StephMarie_Mom
by on Apr. 11, 2012 at 11:27 PM
Haha it wasn't that bad. But I think I've gotten so used to reading subtitles, that I don't even notice it anymore. It's like a 2nd nature to me now after having watched and owned so many. I can't even remember the first subtitled movie I saw at this point.

Quoting SinceresMomma:

Awww sounds like a good movie, but I can't stand reading subtitles through a whole movie :-(

Quoting StephMarie_Mom:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LifeCafe42
by Nora on Apr. 11, 2012 at 11:47 PM
1 mom liked this
Sounds good. Too bad about the subtitles I'd never get through it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
angelphi
by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 10:14 AM
1 mom liked this

I had a similar experience with the movie "Ben X". It's about a boy with Asperger's Syndrome (which my ds has) and his struggle to overcome bullies. Anyway I went to watch it and it was all ina  foreign language but it did have subtitles lol! I still enjoyed it though!

Wife2Chris0411
by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 2:06 PM
1 mom liked this

Sounds like a good movie. i love foreign films.

ms.sophsmom
by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 2:08 PM
Man.. I love foreign films though tht ones nt really my taste it sounds pretty good. I like to watch Bollywood type movies alot.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
StephMarie_Mom
by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 3:42 PM
1 mom liked this
I like bollywood movies, too

Quoting ms.sophsmom:

Man.. I love foreign films though tht ones nt really my taste it sounds pretty good. I like to watch Bollywood type movies alot.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN