Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

No dad at birth ...

Posted by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 3:42 PM
  • 163 Replies
I saw a few moms say they didnt have "dad" at birth becuz its sacred and its a time of peace etc etc. Tell me more about it. Do u regret it or is it still justified for u. I think "dad" being at my birth will give me anxiety. He already does. He's been a lack of support (even tho he helps sometimes) but I cant fathom a father who would blow off baby to bes health to hang and drink with a friend. Thats not what I want. What are ur experiences?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 3:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kissybratzmom
by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 4:21 PM
The last thing you want is someone who is going to stress you out. I don't regret it. I had my mom and best friend there with me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Chanel5nyc
by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 4:24 PM
How's everything with you and the baby?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
singlemom1208
by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 4:25 PM
My BD wasn't there. Wish he was.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ms-superwoman
by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 4:33 PM
My BD was there. Although he just sat in the chair. Was like he wasn't.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
faerie75
by Ruby Member on Apr. 12, 2012 at 4:44 PM

i didnt tell my kids dad when i was in labor with our younger son. i hated him at the time and didnt want him around. i do regret it now. while maybe i wouldnt have wanted him in there with me, he should have came in after to see his newborn son.

PaperClip811
by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 4:45 PM

No Dad at birth. I wasnt comfortable having him there, plus it ended up being a c-section so I wanted my Momma! LOL I did tell him I was in Labor so he could come up and see the baby, though.

PaperClip811
by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 4:45 PM

oh-- and no regrets. :o)

faerie75
by Ruby Member on Apr. 12, 2012 at 4:46 PM

i want to add that when i was pregnant w our younger son, he was too busy putting his dick in the chick he cheated with to spend slot of his legal parenting time w our older son. this made me mad. nowadays, i really dont care at all. he did spend some time w them and hes still around over a decade later.

xpectingmama10
by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 4:48 PM

No dad at birth i probably would of been thrown in jail after having my DD if he was there after all the hell he put me through.

brieri
by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 4:49 PM

I had to call him from the Hospital because he had already left for work.  It took 3 hours to get a hold him to tell him I was in labor.  He showed up.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN