Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

No dad at birth ...

Posted by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 3:42 PM
  • 163 Replies
I saw a few moms say they didnt have "dad" at birth becuz its sacred and its a time of peace etc etc. Tell me more about it. Do u regret it or is it still justified for u. I think "dad" being at my birth will give me anxiety. He already does. He's been a lack of support (even tho he helps sometimes) but I cant fathom a father who would blow off baby to bes health to hang and drink with a friend. Thats not what I want. What are ur experiences?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 3:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kissybratzmom
by Steph on Apr. 12, 2012 at 4:21 PM
The last thing you want is someone who is going to stress you out. I don't regret it. I had my mom and best friend there with me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Chanel5nyc
by Shanell on Apr. 12, 2012 at 4:24 PM
How's everything with you and the baby?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
singlemom1208
by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 4:25 PM
My BD wasn't there. Wish he was.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ms-superwoman
by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 4:33 PM
My BD was there. Although he just sat in the chair. Was like he wasn't.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
faerie75
by Ruby Member on Apr. 12, 2012 at 4:44 PM

i didnt tell my kids dad when i was in labor with our younger son. i hated him at the time and didnt want him around. i do regret it now. while maybe i wouldnt have wanted him in there with me, he should have came in after to see his newborn son.

PaperClip811
by Silver Member on Apr. 12, 2012 at 4:45 PM

No Dad at birth. I wasnt comfortable having him there, plus it ended up being a c-section so I wanted my Momma! LOL I did tell him I was in Labor so he could come up and see the baby, though.

PaperClip811
by Silver Member on Apr. 12, 2012 at 4:45 PM

oh-- and no regrets. :o)

faerie75
by Ruby Member on Apr. 12, 2012 at 4:46 PM

i want to add that when i was pregnant w our younger son, he was too busy putting his dick in the chick he cheated with to spend slot of his legal parenting time w our older son. this made me mad. nowadays, i really dont care at all. he did spend some time w them and hes still around over a decade later.

xpectingmama10
by Samantha on Apr. 12, 2012 at 4:48 PM

No dad at birth i probably would of been thrown in jail after having my DD if he was there after all the hell he put me through.

brieri
by Platinum Member on Apr. 12, 2012 at 4:49 PM

I had to call him from the Hospital because he had already left for work.  It took 3 hours to get a hold him to tell him I was in labor.  He showed up.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)