Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

L&D just called. My fetal fibro nectin test came back pos, which means pre term labor. BUT ... we already knew the test "might" come back positive becuz I had a suppository n me the night before (progesterine suppository). So that could be why, but they were hoping for a neg test. Also, for the first pregnancy ever my group strep b test came back pos so I have to go pick up an rx for amoxicillan. Sigh. Man I really need to take it easy!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 13, 2012 at 4:17 PM
Replies (31-39):
Wife2Chris0411
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 10:00 AM

I don't remember being tested for that. And i had no idea what it was until i read page one.

mommyslove07
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 10:13 AM
Yes, I know all that stuff (tiny tears and bacteria all over) I just wasn't sure if getting a bacterial infection in your vagina was from having sex, or if it was something like a yeast infection where it sometimes just gets outta control. And then what Lyn posted about being a carrier, etc. was just confusing to me, especially bc I have never heard of this, even though I've been pregnant twice.

Quoting MeeshMom:

If you see the description on page 1 it says that this bacteria is common in the vaginal/rectal area. Sometimes for whatever reason bacteria can sometimes over colonize and cause infection even from our own bodies. We even have staph bacteria all
Over our skin surfaces. But we can get a staph infection if we have a tiny even unnoticed wound on our skin surface. We get tiny tears in the skin surface all the time. And in areas where we have an orifice (mouth, vagina, urethra etc) there is an easier chance to develop infection in or through those areas since they are technically openings into our bodies with a mucous membrane.

Quoting mommyslove07:

How do you get it? I really don't remember being tested for that with either kid... Hm. Maybe they just did it and didn't tell me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommyslove07
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 10:13 AM
That's what I'm saying. So weird to not know, even though we've had babies.

Quoting Wife2Chris0411:

I don't remember being tested for that. And i had no idea what it was until i read page one.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Wife2Chris0411
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 10:16 AM

lol i don't remember being swabbed for it. I guess mine was negative then.

Quoting mommyslove07:

That's what I'm saying. So weird to not know, even though we've had babies.

Quoting Wife2Chris0411:

CountryStrong84
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 10:19 AM
I was checked for it with both my pregnancies. There is nothing you can do to cause or prevent strep b.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kmv57kmv
by on Apr. 15, 2012 at 8:10 AM
Everyone gets tested for it but you were prob just neg so they didn't say anything. I was positive the first preg and not the second...
Quoting Wife2Chris0411:

Wife2Chris0411
by on Apr. 15, 2012 at 8:17 AM

probably. you would think they would tell me though.

Quoting kmv57kmv:

Everyone gets tested for it but you were prob just neg so they didn't say anything. I was positive the first preg and not the second...
Quoting Wife2Chris0411:

kmv57kmv
by on Apr. 15, 2012 at 8:36 AM
Quoting Wife2Chris0411:

Well yeah!!! I feel like sometimes drs assume you know when really they should just take 2 seconds to tell you! My ped. Is like that. She assumes I remember how far apart dr spots should be because I have an older one... Like I have a brain left?! Lol
2007mommy2be
by on Apr. 15, 2012 at 11:44 AM
Ya the Drs nurse said to be careful of that becuz of the antibiotics. Im hoping a yogurt increase will help prevent (in case). Im not a usually yeaster lmao. Eww thats so gross. Ive had one during pregnancy (and probably) becuz I was on antibiotics cuz I got really sick and u can only take certain stuff).

Quoting heather4511:

I wondered this too. They are supposed to give you an IV of anitobiotic during and after labor...be careful for yeast infection!

Quoting faerie75:

Because she has group b strep

Quoting armybratmom612:

Why are they giving you a scrip for antibiotics?

Quoting 2007mommy2be:

L&D just called. My fetal fibro nectin test came back pos, which means pre term labor. BUT ... we already knew the test "might" come back positive becuz I had a suppository n me the night before (progesterine suppository). So that could be why, but they were hoping for a neg test. Also, for the first pregnancy ever my group strep b test came back pos so I have to go pick up an rx for amoxicillan. Sigh. Man I really need to take it easy!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)