Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms
L&D just called. My fetal fibro nectin test came back pos, which means pre term labor. BUT ... we already knew the test "might" come back positive becuz I had a suppository n me the night before (progesterine suppository). So that could be why, but they were hoping for a neg test. Also, for the first pregnancy ever my group strep b test came back pos so I have to go pick up an rx for amoxicillan. Sigh. Man I really need to take it easy!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 13, 2012 at 4:17 PM
Replies (21-30):
2007mommy2be
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 2:20 AM
Thanks love.

Quoting xpectingmama10:

:( shit i hope she stays in there tell her to calm down the world will be the same in 6 weeks! lol

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
2007mommy2be
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 2:22 AM
Lol @ electric wheelchair.

Quoting Chanel5nyc:

Yeah no electric wheelchairs for you.

Sounds like she is ready to come out ASAP.

Quoting MeeshMom:

Looks like no festivals for you
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
2007mommy2be
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 2:23 AM
Thanks.

Quoting deltathree:

Take care....

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
2007mommy2be
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 2:25 AM
Uh becuz im threatened pre term and could give birth early. So they prepped me while n hosp. Recorded contractions, had an iv n my arm ... the whole 9.

Quoting 1979mommy:

So why did they test you so early for strep B Anita?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
2007mommy2be
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 2:26 AM
Its not urine. They swab u from rectum to vagina.

Quoting 1979mommy:

They probably did. If I remember right, it's just a urine test. I'm assuming you had to give urine a lot when you were pregnant? It says the test is usually done between 37-40 weeks. I found out at the hospital when I was in labor. I gave my routine urine sample and they came back and told me I had it.

Quoting mommyslove07:

How do you get it? I really don't remember being tested for that with either kid... Hm. Maybe they just did it and didn't tell me.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
2007mommy2be
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 2:27 AM
Ah im so glad he came term mama.

Quoting 5BMom:

My FFT was positive at 30 weeks. He held on until 39 weeks and 1 day with total bedrest except for NSTs 3x a week and BPPs weekly at the hospital.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MeeshMom
by Platinum Member on Apr. 14, 2012 at 9:29 AM
If you see the description on page 1 it says that this bacteria is common in the vaginal/rectal area. Sometimes for whatever reason bacteria can sometimes over colonize and cause infection even from our own bodies. We even have staph bacteria all
Over our skin surfaces. But we can get a staph infection if we have a tiny even unnoticed wound on our skin surface. We get tiny tears in the skin surface all the time. And in areas where we have an orifice (mouth, vagina, urethra etc) there is an easier chance to develop infection in or through those areas since they are technically openings into our bodies with a mucous membrane.

Quoting mommyslove07:

How do you get it? I really don't remember being tested for that with either kid... Hm. Maybe they just did it and didn't tell me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
1979mommy
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 9:51 AM

Ahh ok. I didn't remember, it's been too damn long.

Quoting 2007mommy2be:

Its not urine. They swab u from rectum to vagina.

Quoting 1979mommy:

They probably did. If I remember right, it's just a urine test. I'm assuming you had to give urine a lot when you were pregnant? It says the test is usually done between 37-40 weeks. I found out at the hospital when I was in labor. I gave my routine urine sample and they came back and told me I had it.

Quoting mommyslove07:

bxmom2580
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 9:56 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting kmv57kmv:

Aww this baby just so excited to join the world! Hopefully she stays put!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
heather4511
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 9:57 AM
I wondered this too. They are supposed to give you an IV of anitobiotic during and after labor...be careful for yeast infection!

Quoting faerie75:

Because she has group b strep

Quoting armybratmom612:

Why are they giving you a scrip for antibiotics?

Quoting 2007mommy2be:

L&D just called. My fetal fibro nectin test came back pos, which means pre term labor. BUT ... we already knew the test "might" come back positive becuz I had a suppository n me the night before (progesterine suppository). So that could be why, but they were hoping for a neg test. Also, for the first pregnancy ever my group strep b test came back pos so I have to go pick up an rx for amoxicillan. Sigh. Man I really need to take it easy!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN