Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

what is the rudest thing someone has said to you?

Posted by   + Show Post

As single moms, we get a lot of slack from people. Especially those who swear having children out of wedlock is a ticket to hell and your older, more close minded ladies that raise their eyebrows. I wanted to share a couple of the rudest comments I've gotten:

A client at work sees my baby bum: "Have you been married for long?" me: "Im not married" client: "oh sweetie, WHAT are you doing? I worked at a juvenile correction facility and all the children I treated were kids to single moms" (she was a psychologist) my response: "well, as a psycologist, you should know that not ALL children to single moms will end up being criminals, a lot of factors go into that." The client just shook her head hasnt spoken to me since. 

Second rude comment: I was camping with a friend, and a woman that came to the party comes up to me and says "your baby is so cute! How old is she?" Me: " a year old". The woman: "wow, and you look really young too, how old are you?" Me: "21" the woman gives me a weird look and walks away. 

whats the rudest comment you've gotten as a single mom?

by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 2:13 AM
Replies (41-44):
JackelineEllis
by on Apr. 15, 2012 at 7:36 PM
bump

rebecca9242012
by on Apr. 15, 2012 at 7:38 PM

When I was 16 years old, a woman came up to me while I was shopping with my grandparents, and she grabbed my stomach and said "when's the due date?"

I was 16 years old, and not pregnant. I just had like a "water pouch" if you will. I still have it lol.

taxlady2006
by on Apr. 15, 2012 at 8:01 PM

Just after my son was born my cousin said "Wow, if I was you I would have just put the baby up for adoption. You live so far away that no one would have known." Thanks bitch, and if I was you I would have kicked your cheating husband out on his ass years ago.

sofiasmom17
by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 2:07 PM

Huh! funny thing, because it also says in the bible that only God can judge us!

Quoting shantee225:

I had a PASTOR tell me that God was going to punish me for having sex and getting pregnant. That in itself is not really what upset me. You can have your own opinion. What made it worse it as a PASTOR, she should not be telling me things tell her in confidence. She proceeded to tell me about one of her church memebers that got herpes from messing around with a dude. SMH. I have the best punishment ever! My girls are my life.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN