Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Single Moms that get along with child's father.

Posted by   + Show Post

When people find out that my sons father and I still socialize they are surprised. It's not like he's my best friend or anything but I don't see why if we aren't together we can't be cordial..Right? Every Time I say something about my sons father the first thing people rush and ask is "Are you guys back together???" NOOOOOOOOOO we aren't back together. I want people to understand that even though my relationship with him ended on bad terms that I as an adult am willing to put something like that behind me for the sake of my son. I took the most important step and ended things between us but I'm not going to act like a total B***h and make it hard for him to see or know how his son is doing. I don't want my son to be raised around a bunch of petty arguing and parents constantly bad mouthing one another behind the others back.  I delt with that as a kid. It wasn't and it still isn't ok.  When my son gets older I want him to know that even though his parents aren't together anymore that we still RESPECT and HAVE LOVE for one another.

Do you still get alone with your child or childrens father's even though you aren't together. 

by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 10:00 PM
Replies (41-50):
NananRaysmom
by Bronze Member on Apr. 15, 2012 at 11:40 AM
Definatly. Its hard enough for kids to be in homes where the parents have seperated...why would I make it harder? I'm a adult and have to do what's best for my kids...and thats to have a good relationship with their dad and make things as stress free as possible for them... and I'm glad he and my boyfriend are grow enough to get as long as well. It just makes evrything easier.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TiaraDW
by on Apr. 15, 2012 at 12:03 PM

I'm freaking LOVING these responses. Even though some of you aren't as close as with your exs as others or can't be close to them for whatever the reason maybe I'm reading that you at least tried. That's what counts the most to me.  At the moment my sons father and I aren't best friends but I hope that one day we can develop a bond like that. 

TiaraDW
by on Apr. 15, 2012 at 12:07 PM

I love that you shared the photo's Thank you. I'm happy your as close as you are.  Your children are lucky to have parents like you.

TiaraDW
by on Apr. 15, 2012 at 12:09 PM

O my goodness I couldn't agree with you more here. He comes every other weekend to visit but after those 2 1/2 days are up I tell him nicely I love you honey but you have to go. He can become unnerving if he's there to long lol.

Quoting Jennifer_236:

He is my best friend, we just cant live together lol

gracesmom09
by on Apr. 15, 2012 at 12:39 PM

We mostly get along. We get together for the sake of our daughter. So we may both go to the park with her, zoo, stuff like that. I wouldn't ever really want to hang out with him alone though cause he kind of gets on my nerves. lol.  We just had her birthday party yesterday we plan it together. Some people make comments (mostly my family) but I feel it is in her best interest that her parents do these things together.   Obviously everyone's situation is different but this works out for us.

Shannon
27 y/o single Mom to beautiful Grace

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers

TiaraDW
by on Apr. 15, 2012 at 12:43 PM

My Mom and little Brother are the one's that always ask me. 

sophiesister2
by Member on Apr. 15, 2012 at 12:51 PM
1 mom liked this

ive tried..which is really hard considering everything hes put me through.  I always try to be nice but ive given up.  He always tries to put me down when hes over, implying im ugly, calling me "retarded" and all kinds of stuff so now i just told him unless its something about lena(dd shes 3months) i dont want to talk to him while hes visiting her. I basicly just leave him with her in the living room and do chores around the house stopping every few minutes to come grab her because she screams when he holds her...i think its bc he hardly comes to see her. like once a week for an hour or so.  ugh sorry this sort of turned into a vent but the answer is no we dont get along

TiaraDW
by on Apr. 15, 2012 at 1:07 PM

That's fine vent if you have to. I know it's not always easy when you have to deal with another person that has some type of ill feeling towards you. You'r being the better person in the situation and more then likely he's not as grown as I'm sure he thinks he is.

mommynac
by on Apr. 15, 2012 at 4:14 PM

Thank you. I think it's great in ANY situation where you can be really friendly. As you say, some of us don't have the luxury, unfortunately, and it's really a shame. But we try : )

Quoting TiaraDW:

I'm freaking LOVING these responses. Even though some of you aren't as close as with your exs as others or can't be close to them for whatever the reason maybe I'm reading that you at least tried. That's what counts the most to me.  At the moment my sons father and I aren't best friends but I hope that one day we can develop a bond like that. 

Jeni1124
by on Apr. 15, 2012 at 4:32 PM

We JUST split up, less than a week ago. So I can't really answer this yet...time will tell. However, we do intend to be civil. The first day of the separation I was being civil and he REALLY wasn't. But now he's calmed down and things seem to be civil. Right now our daughter is on a visit with him and the drop off was civil, he's actually texted me a picture of her today and told me she's doing fine.

I will have to "put up" with him for the rest of my life. Not just until our daughter is 18. She'll want both parents at her graduation, wedding, her children's events, etc. So I might as well start that "we're here for the kid, not to fight" attitude now.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN