Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Calling my lawyer...

Posted by on Apr. 15, 2012 at 8:21 PM
  • 10 Replies
I'm over waiting on my ex. Child support is to be taken directly from his paychecks. He started a new job 3 months ago, and it's still not being taken out. I've mentioned it to him and he apparently doesn't care, and won't tell me where he works either. He just pays it when it's conveniences him. So, since he wants to be difficult, I am calling my lawyer who I'm sure will call his lawyer and his lawyer will get on it. I'm sure when he gets a lawyer bill he won't appreciate it, just like I don't appreciate what he's doing! We normally get along, but I'm tired of getting dicked around when it comes to supporting our son. This is the same guy who took me to court for visitation and ever since he moved 2 hours away he maybe sees his son 1 1/2 days a month.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 15, 2012 at 8:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
muwchck
by on Apr. 15, 2012 at 8:26 PM

I don't blame you one bit.  I don't even know where my ex is right now.  I'll be calling CSE in the morning to see if they managed to get him served while he was still in rehab.  For all I know, he's still in rehab, but last he said, he was supposed to be out over a month ago.  I haven't heard from him since before Cameron's birthday, so I don't know (or care) where he is.  I just want him to finally start helping to support the child he helped to create.

just4ds10ee
by Bronze Member on Apr. 15, 2012 at 8:47 PM

I do no blame you... my ex,  I found out started working December 2011 and started getting a portion of his pension August 2011 and do you think he sent me one dime to support our daughter??? Of course not and how did I find out? From an ex GF who was so obviously pissed off at him sent me copies of his savings and checking account statements to reflect his direct deposits!!! I used one of the cancelled checks and sent the IDO to the address on the check and walla in 3 weeks I started getting direct deposits into my account!!! Of course this is a seasonal tax agency but at least it is something for now...

owl0210
by Bronze Member on Apr. 15, 2012 at 9:06 PM

I would do the same thing too. Why isn't his employer complying with the garnishment order or is it because he keeps switching jobs? 

kcook55
by on Apr. 15, 2012 at 9:55 PM

i dont blame you

Kissybratzmom
by on Apr. 15, 2012 at 9:55 PM
See, I don't know if his employer even knows. If I knew where he was working, I could call myself. Or maybe they know, and he's not doing something on his part.

Quoting owl0210:

I would do the same thing too. Why isn't his employer complying with the garnishment order or is it because he keeps switching jobs? 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
owl0210
by Bronze Member on Apr. 15, 2012 at 9:59 PM

In my state, Massachusetts, the child support enforcement agency runs social security numbers to find out where the non-custodial parent works but that's only if it's a legit job not something like being paid under the table. 

Quoting Kissybratzmom:

See, I don't know if his employer even knows. If I knew where he was working, I could call myself. Or maybe they know, and he's not doing something on his part.

Quoting owl0210:

brieri
by Platinum Member on Apr. 16, 2012 at 2:52 AM

Wow, that' is just insane.  I hope it all works out.

animebuddy
by Platinum Member on Apr. 16, 2012 at 4:30 AM
I would do the same. Hopefully the garnishment will begin quickly.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommyto2LilMen
by Tina on Apr. 16, 2012 at 8:03 AM
Don't blame you!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cadeesmommy0120
by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 8:10 AM

I don't blame you. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN