Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

He is scaring me...

Posted by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 10:27 AM
  • 33 Replies
I know I should have just hung up. Let me say that first. He wanted the boys to call. After Lump finished talking my ex called out for me to wait. I should have hung up and had him text me. I didnt. He said to give him the kids or he is going to bury me in court. He doesnt want to fight me. He just wants the kids and the child support. I told him to no. He said his other ex was going to help him since he is signing off his rights to his first child like she wants. He said that they will get my children no matter what he has to do. I am scared.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 10:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
The_Doodle
by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 10:30 AM

Have you done anything to warrant a judge taking the kids from you? If you haven't, then he can't take your kids. Get visitation, sure, but not take them.

Kenre
by Bronze Member on Apr. 16, 2012 at 10:31 AM
Oh, and then he asked if it made me angry before he hung up the phone. He knows I went to anger management when I was nineteen because of my uncontrollable anger outbursts. I said no before he hung up. I have control of my anger now, but it seems he is trying to make me look unstable.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
happymommy1105
by Gold Member on Apr. 16, 2012 at 10:32 AM
Honey just breathe. You are a great mom.

Keep.documenting everything. Call your lawyer and let him.know what is going on.

Relax and take care.of your babies.

He wants you scared. He is a bully and this is what they do.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kenre
by Bronze Member on Apr. 16, 2012 at 10:33 AM
Not really. I have depression that is being managed with a counselor and my sis is a felon.

Quoting The_Doodle:

Have you done anything to warrant a judge taking the kids from you? If you haven't, then he can't take your kids. Get visitation, sure, but not take them.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MicahBoo07
by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 10:42 AM

He is just trying to scare u. He can't take ur kids unless u are an unfit mother then he would get them. Just be a good mom to ur child(ren) and don't listen to him. When u go to court just be ready and keep in ur best mind and not be nervous. Tell the truth and that will get u thru.

ProudMamma1982
by Member on Apr. 16, 2012 at 10:45 AM
1 mom liked this
Next time you tallk to him say "yes thats a great idea! Lets go to court and let the judge handle it as I know he will look in the kids best interest. We no longer need to discuss htis issue as we will have our attornys handle it." :) LOL
ProudMamma1982
by Member on Apr. 16, 2012 at 10:47 AM
AND let him know just how awesome and loving of a father it makes him look that he would let some woman talk him into signing over his rights to his other kid. I know the judge will think hes
real STABLE AND LOVING FOR THAT" LOL
Caleighsmommy
by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 10:57 AM

ok this will not be the most comforting response you get out of this post, BUT

relax, take  a deep breath and for the love of god get a camera, voice reocrder and print EVERYTHING he emails or send to you.....you need to be able to cover your ass in the event he is really ready to fight. I say that only because my bf took his bm to court and she thought bc she had 2 kids already (diff men) that she was gods gift to mothering and she knew everything blah blah blah, well he made sure to document all her shit and she was taking piss poor care of the son....i mean it was child abuse...and he had ALL his shit ready and got full custody of son and she was put on supervised visits for a year. I dont tell you that to scare I just want you to know if hes ready to fight you have to to "fight" back....im sure you are a great and capable mother but make sure you dont give him any "ammo" (i know it sucks having to go through this because I went through the EXACT same thing with my kids father so i have a few other pointers if you want to message me)

on another note.....it wont look very good for him in court as a father if hes about to give up his rights to another kid....i mean what kind of dad abandons one kids and fights for the others....sounds like hes more in it for the money......and your sister being a felon shouldnt matter shes not their mother you are.

Also imo (because me and bf went thru awful custody battles with our kids other parents)  it sounds like (from the comment about "does that make you mad") he may already be recording the phone calls with you (trying to get "dirt" on you) so while you def should let him talk to kids still dont talk to him....if you do, make sure you are over the top pleasent and positive and always have whats best for the kids in mind.....of course as a mother we alwasy do! :)

Kenre
by Bronze Member on Apr. 16, 2012 at 11:06 AM
I dont know if that is true, but I am sure they will wait until the fight with me is over before they start that stuff. He wants my money, not the kids. He wants the child support.

Quoting ProudMamma1982:

AND let him know just how awesome and loving of a father it makes him look that he would let some woman talk him into signing over his rights to his other kid. I know the judge will think hes

real STABLE AND LOVING FOR THAT" LOL
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DDDaysh
by Silver Member on Apr. 16, 2012 at 11:10 AM

How old are you now?  Have you had any trouble with the law?  How old are the boys? 

Quoting Kenre:

Oh, and then he asked if it made me angry before he hung up the phone. He knows I went to anger management when I was nineteen because of my uncontrollable anger outbursts. I said no before he hung up. I have control of my anger now, but it seems he is trying to make me look unstable.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)