Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Are there any mommies in here that still want to be with there childs father?

Posted by on Nov. 29, 2007 at 5:57 PM
  • 24 Replies
DESPITE ALL THE THINGS HE'S DONE TO TRY TO DESTROY YOU? ARE THERE ANY OTHER MOMMIES THAT FEEL THAT JEALOUSY IN THE PIT OF THERE STOMACH WHEN THEY SEE OTHER PEOPLE WITH THAT "PERFECT FAMILY IMAGE"? OR IS IT JUST ME?I DONT UNDERSTAND AS MUCH AS I TELL HIM I ABSOLUTELY HATE HIM IF HE CALLED ME TODAY AND NEEDED ME FOR ABSOLUTELY ANYTHING I'D BE ON THE FIRST AIRPLANE/TRAIN/CAR RIDE...TO WHEREEVER HE'S AT!! IM SUCH A SUCKER!

by on Nov. 29, 2007 at 5:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
IluvEli
by on Nov. 30, 2007 at 12:42 PM
Yes :( My Son's Dad's in Jail because he was being stupid. but it's good hes' in there, but i still miss him...
rdeshields
by on Nov. 30, 2007 at 1:39 PM
i would have to say no. hell no as a matter of fact. but my girls are 14 and 15 so i've had a bit longer to get over it. i don't think you're a sucker just because you have feelings for the man. that's normal
Koree
by on Nov. 30, 2007 at 2:41 PM

We as women , well most women have this drive for a family....we will put up with so much crap to keep the family together, at least we think we are. In reality we are miserable and so are the kids and the definition of family went out the window a long time ago. Your child will never be healthy unless you are and I don't think you want the man you want the family , but would you really want a dysfunctional one, where your child is going to start the cycle all over again when he or she grows up?

chel1023
by on Nov. 30, 2007 at 2:46 PM
There is no way I would do that for my daughter's father, I honestly want NOTHING to do with him.  However, I do know how you feel.  I have one man in my life that I would do that for.  My ex has a live in gf and I would still probably do anything for him if he asked.  I hate it too because he only hurts me!!  Oh well, it's my weakness I suppose.  The thing is I don't think he would do the same for me! It took him 6 months after the birth of my daughter to actually meet her and it only happened because we were at the store at the same time! We're suppose to be "friends"!  Men can really act like little boys sometimes, can't they!  LOL. 
elvir2babes
by on Nov. 30, 2007 at 2:49 PM
No I would never want to be with him, I have more self respect than that. Why would I want to be with someone who doesn't care about his kids? No I don't get jealous when I see families together.

mammakathy
by on Nov. 30, 2007 at 2:54 PM
No way. No how.
Sunnie5274
by on Nov. 30, 2007 at 3:06 PM
Not even if hell froze over with pigs flying by.  My son and I even though it's just a 2 of us are a very strong and close family.  I wouldn't want him and his ani-christmas and holiday ways to fuck it all up for us

Search and Win
mommalov3sU
by on Nov. 30, 2007 at 5:58 PM
If i can have all the good with no more of the bad i would want to be with him. I love him so much. I hate seing happy families too! I just believe im now an old bitter maid and try not to show it.
sonkissed
by on Nov. 30, 2007 at 6:24 PM
I think I uderstand where you are coming from....  It took me a long time to get to the point where I understood why I thought I still cared for him.... as it turned out...I would miss him just because I did want the happily little family....not becuase of the  person he was.... I would get very jelous about other women being with him....but becuase I didn't want any of these women to spend time with my SON, not because they were with him.... 

If you can find the time to analyze your feelings and find what is really driving you to think you want to be him you might get to an understanding of konwing its not HIM you want to be with....its an Idea....I think thats what makes abused woman keep going back to their husbands...

as a mother yes, I would love to have that "perfect family" and sometimes feel a little "twinge" when I see the lucky ones that do have it...

but as a independent woman I know that our family, thought there is only two of us, is strong and share more love between us then I think his "father" has or will ever have in his lifetime....  you just gotta sort through the feelings and find their true meaning

I would never be with him again....never
ukulelemomma
by on Nov. 30, 2007 at 6:28 PM
You don't really want him back. Our culture has given us a picture that we are all suppose to look like. That perfect Norman Rockwell picture. We look at it and then at ourselves  and  we don't look like the picture.  We don't measure up. The picture is a lie. A big fat lie. No one looks like the picture. Make a new picture for yourself. One that is meaningful for you. One that fulfills you. You are whole. Your family is whole. The new picture you create is not broken.

You can do it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN