Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Let's Laugh at Ourselves- Insecurities

Posted by   + Show Post

Well I like listening to the radio in the mornings and todays topic was insecurities. All of them were funny and relatable. So what are your insecurities and how do you deal with them? And I know that we are all beautiful ladies and it's all about confidence but there has to be atleast one thing that you don't like being brought up. :)

Here's my list:

Small boobs- I've come to accept and love my mosquito bites (as my friends like to call them). I am not as desperate to get surgery done to them but I won't lie, when I hear about the breast cream ads on the radio it makes me go "hmmm..." but atleast I won't have to wworry about them sagging or weighing me down or hitting me in the face while I exercise.

Booty: It's not FLAT buut i have to wear the right outfit to actually make it seem like I got something down there. It's something I always check in the mirror(secretly of course) With the wrong outfit-straight ironing board. lol

Big Feet: I have been wearing a size 10 since MIDDLE school. I'm 5'5 now but I'm naturally thin so being 5'4/'3 ish, weighing 120, and having size 10 feet looks huge to me. Especially with my flat iron board body. I deal with it by not wearing shoes. I like flats, flip flops, or opeaned toe shoescause it doesn't make my feet look so big. And when its cold, boots, boots, and more boots.

Naturally Hairy: I blame my mom on this-lol. I tell her she gave me the hairy gene. Seriously though, theres hair everywhere....and I mean everywhere.   I shave my arms, legs, and stomach of course and get my eyebrows waxed. If not Ill be looking like wolverine. And I have to woryy about my lip area too. I trim down there but nothing too excessive like waxing-ouch. It actually doesn't really bother me unless I'm about to go swimming- gotta make sure that bikini area is on point.

But overall I love myself and I am confident. And I hope alll of you are too! we rock 

by on Apr. 18, 2012 at 9:52 AM
Replies (31-40):
ozarkdragonfly
by on Apr. 18, 2012 at 5:23 PM
I have LOTS of insecurties :( I was in an abusive relationship for 13 years and NOTHING was good enough. I'm too fat, don't make enough money, don't clean well enough, I'm not a good mommy, there's nothing feminine about me, I could never be a beautiful woman no matter how hard I try... The list goes on and on. All according to him, of course. I have zero self confidince so please, no bashing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SugarDonut
by on Apr. 18, 2012 at 5:54 PM
I was in an abusive relationship for a year. Imagining myself going through it as long as u did is horrifying. *hugs* counseling helped a lot for me.my heart goes out tto you. I would love for you to get your self confidence up.

Quoting ozarkdragonfly:

I have LOTS of insecurties :( I was in an abusive relationship for 13 years and NOTHING was good enough. I'm too fat, don't make enough money, don't clean well enough, I'm not a good mommy, there's nothing feminine about me, I could never be a beautiful woman no matter how hard I try... The list goes on and on. All according to him, of course. I have zero self confidince so please, no bashing.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ozarkdragonfly
by on Apr. 18, 2012 at 6:13 PM
Thank you. Sorry you had to go through it as well. I wouldn't even wish it on the jerk who did it to me :(

Quoting SugarDonut:

I was in an abusive relationship for a year. Imagining myself going through it as long as u did is horrifying. *hugs* counseling helped a lot for me.my heart goes out tto you. I would love for you to get your self confidence up.

Quoting ozarkdragonfly:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rec104
by on Apr. 18, 2012 at 6:29 PM

My body. I was just put on thyroid meds--so I hope my weight will start to go down. I just feel uncomfortable in my own skin :-/ But I'm proud of all the other things I've done in the last year.Oh and my teeth--if I had the money, I'd bleach my teeth( they are really yellow) and get them straighten. 

caitlew
by on Apr. 18, 2012 at 10:41 PM

I, too am hairy lol I'm always afraid if someone's too close to my face they'll see my mustache (which I do take care of) and I have these weird black wirey hairs on my belly.

My left boob is bigger than the right and even though DH says he can't even tell, if I have no bra on I can clearly see my right nipple is like an inch higher because of it and I've never had to really look to tell.

The last is my legs...I am 5ft even and my legs are short and meaty...they're the one place I have never been thin in and I can hardly find pants that fit them without being 8 inches too long (even the short sizes) I tried absolutely everything to try to tone them up or make them thinner, but the fat on my thighs wouldn't budge. I actually really love dresses and will switch after this baby is born and I get to what I think will be my normal weight I'm going to switch to all dresses...but am still going to have to get some kind of shorts to wear underneath bc my thighs rub and I get irritation bumps from it :(

faerie75
by Ruby Member on Apr. 19, 2012 at 12:07 AM
I dislike being tall. I don't mind being chunky but I'm not happy THIS chunky. my legs are horrible. Tree trunks and stumpy as hell. If I'm this tall I wish i could have long pretty legs but I got a long torso and short stubby tree trunks
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
faerie75
by Ruby Member on Apr. 19, 2012 at 12:09 AM
Personality wise idk. I meet ppl and make friends easily and I'm not that shy but it seems most ppl love me right away but a few ppl hate me right away.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
StephMarie_Mom
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 12:15 AM
I've got flat wide feet.... But I don't really give a shit...

I really hate my tummy! I wish I could snap my fingers and make it go away! Also, I sometimes wish I could have thinner thighs w/out trying. They're not huge or anything, but I know my thighs and ass attract a lot of male attention. I was recently called "very shapely" by an older gentleman as a compliment! Haha I kinda have that pin-up girl figure (but with a slight tummy).... It's true what they say, most men like curves, and I sometimes wish I were more discrete with my figure. But it's cool, I love my body and dress in clothes that look flattering on me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
faerie75
by Ruby Member on Apr. 19, 2012 at 12:23 AM
^i used to have that figure but now I have grown older and gained weight. Boo
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LifeCafe42
by Nora on Apr. 19, 2012 at 12:25 AM
I have back to thigh disease there is nothing inbetween. I have lost a lot of weight but my stomach and arms have a lot of extra skin
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN