Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would You be Ok Knowing This?

Posted by on Apr. 18, 2012 at 10:26 PM
  • 17 Replies

Poll

Question: Do You Think Its Ok For The Father Of Your Childen To Talk To YOur Friends If He's A DeadBeat, & Friends Go Along With It?

Options:

Yes

No

Maybe

Who Cares Long As You Do your Part As a Mom

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 32

View Results

frustratedI'm a young mother of two kids ages 2 &1, I have a daughter & son that I work very hard to provide for. I make sure my kids have the best, My kids father & my so called friends talk to each other all the time. When the father of my kids do nuthen for them and is not involded in anyway no child support , don't even bother to ask about them. To him we don't appear , but it makes me so mad that he finds it ok to talk to my so called friends. I think if they were my real friends they would tell him, about himself.angry

by on Apr. 18, 2012 at 10:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
happymommy1105
by Gold Member on Apr. 18, 2012 at 10:28 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't like people in my business.

My sons father and I share many friends. What those say/do with him is their business. What they do/say with me is our business.

Our friendships have nothing to do with our parenting situation.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Robsessed98
by on Apr. 18, 2012 at 10:29 PM

I don't see the harm in them talking to him.  Now if they were to be interested in dating him, I'd have a problem with it.  Just so long as they don't encouragement him being a deadbeat, I think you should just let it go.

Misha1204
by LadyLiberty on Apr. 18, 2012 at 10:39 PM
1 mom liked this
Oops, I hit 'Yes' accidentally, when I meant 2 put 'No'. The big reason y I wouldn't like it is cuz it'll look like they condone his behavior while watching me do everything on my own.

I wouldn't say anything about him being friends w/them. Can't do that.....we can all choose our own friends, no matter what. I, also, wouldn't want them in my business. They shouldn't say anything about anything.

Me, personally?..... I would back away from mutual friends....that's just me. I'm sure u'll make the right decision....Good Luck.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MissTuree
by Bronze Member on Apr. 18, 2012 at 10:43 PM

I don't have many friends, the ones I do have are a very devoted little group. None of us would see this situation as okay, when this happened to me they had my back 100%. And if they were ever in the same position I would have theirs 100% as well.

I say get around people who you can truly trust. You said you're young, that means to me that there is still a ton of time and a world of people out there that you can become friends with that will have no problem having no association with your kid's dad.

faerie75
by Ruby Member on Apr. 18, 2012 at 11:54 PM
1 mom liked this
I'd file for support. It would rack up and bite his ass eventually. As for him, he can talk to whoever he wants. So can your friends but I wouldn't consider them close or trust them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Charlotte1608
by Lottie on Apr. 19, 2012 at 12:02 AM
No i wouldnt like it. But thats cause my kids dad is a melodramatic, pathological liar who couldnt handle being dumped.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MeeshMom
by Platinum Member on Apr. 19, 2012 at 12:23 AM

Those are the people who are no longer my friends. I didn't get mad at them I just stopped associating with people who would associate with my ex after the things he did and abandoning/avoiding my kid.

StephMarie_Mom
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 12:26 AM
My daughter's "father" and I were both active duty when we were seeing each other, and so we have many friends in common. However, my real friends that know me and what's really going on are fully aware of the fact that he's never met her or paid a dime of CS over the past 4 yrs. Having said that, if he so much as even tries to mention me or my daughter to any of my real friends, they're quick to put his ass in check! So he doesn't even bother trying to talk about us to any of my friends, because he's been bitched out a few times now. So I personally do not worry about it. The few that I found out that were sneaky and trying to "spy" on me on his behalf I have completely cut out of my life.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LifeCafe42
by Nora on Apr. 19, 2012 at 12:29 AM
1 mom liked this
We met through a mutual friend I stopped talking to them much because they kept trying to convince me he would turn around. He still hasn't
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sid1083
by Silver Member on Apr. 19, 2012 at 12:32 AM
I think as long as you're taking care of business, that's what should really matter. If the friends condone his absence and lack of support for his kids, they certainly aren't your friends, imo.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)