Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

25 phone calls later

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 2:17 PM
  • 4 Replies

I called the kids insurance company to try and find a eye dr, dentist and a pedi i was than told they were dropped so i was given a different number to call turn out they weren't dropped so not sure why they told me that. the insurance company said that its only been a year since ds got his last pair of glasses and he can only get new ones once every 2 yrs we dont have the frames from last year so they have to put a special request since ds needs them for school. He normally gets a new pair of glasses every year I normally order his glasses from a website really cheap. i found the kids a dentist and eye dr and no pedi office i call is accepting new patients so they are going to pass there info around and get back to me in a week. finding all new drs is hard work. now they don't need to be seen right away dd needs a check to go to preschool in the fall but that's it.

by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 2:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
amonkeymom
by Gold Member on Apr. 19, 2012 at 3:27 PM

Vision insurance will usually pay for new lenses every year, but new frames only every 2 years.  You might ask about that.

animebuddy
by Platinum Member on Apr. 19, 2012 at 5:46 PM
Sounds like a ton of work. Hopefully a pedi waiting list will open up soon.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommyto2LilMen
by Tina on Apr. 19, 2012 at 5:48 PM
Hope you get it all figured out!! Where do you order cheap frames from?! I see places but never know where to trust!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kcook55
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 6:41 PM

Quoting Mommyto2LilMen:

Hope you get it all figured out!! Where do you order cheap frames from?! I see places but never know where to trust!!

http://www.zennioptical.com/

Last year i paid less than $20 for a pair of glasses with lens with the scratch coating and i believe an anti glare coating and clip on sunglasses including shipping i have ordered twice from them and they last my ds he still has his first pair from 2 yrs ago still and the ones from last year too. the metal frame ones the insurance pays for don't last 2 weeks with ds. I tell everyone i get his glasses there.and they seem to be pretty fast for mail ordering them i think it was 2-3 weeks maybe less they also come in a free hard plastic case and a free cleaning clothe.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)